Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agreed. People getting a little carried away with Minteh, because everyone loves a new shiny toy.

The truth ought to be that they both, along with Mitoma and Gruda,(and March 🙏 ) are used in rotation. Send any two out, telling them to give everything for 60 minutes - then send on a fresh pair. Don’t see the point in leaving the two starters out there for so long today, with so much talent on the bench.
You can’t argue with the managers decisions today he made the subs when he did and we won the game.
I also thought well it’s a bit late now to bring on three attackers 🤣

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes and in posession too.

Some very knee jerk comments about Minteh today based on a few bad decisions that a just turned 20 year old made in his second PL game against one of the biggest clubs in the world. He’s not going anywhere though, he has the x factor and is comfortably ahead of Adingra.
I don't think anyone on here is writing off Minteh, actually the comments have been quite measured. Just recognition that he wasn't at his best today - which is fine as a 20 year old, he's still learning and will be inconsistent.

But as a team aiming for Europe, we need the best option on the pitch at all times. Adingra has done well and deserves to start the next game imo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can’t argue

I bloody well can!

with the managers decisions today he made the subs when he did and we won the game.
I also thought well it’s a bit late now to bring on three attackers 🤣

When we saw the subs we may not have been thinking of the 7 added minutes we got (just didn't have our minds on it, but there had been subs and long VAR checks for 2 goals). But even so, I think he should have made them earlier. We were much the better side after they came on, and if we hadn't scored we'd have regretted not having a bit longer with the subs.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Unless Adingra can start pressing like Minteh does, I think he’ll predominantly be the back-up option as I can’t see Fabian dropping Mitoma either.

Either way, it makes a return for Solly as a winger look less likely, especially if Gruda is as good as he’s hyped to be. FWIW, if Solly was fit I think we’d be seeing him as the left back in this current setup. At least until Pervis returns/Ferdi signs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Where? Not out of position on the right side I hope unless Kadioglu is ready to start at full back or we will get absolutely roasted down Arsenal’s left.

Minteh has to start for me.
Agree. We will need to double up in wide positions, and that is not a strength of Adingra.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Where? Not out of position on the right side I hope unless Kadioglu is ready to start at full back or we will get absolutely roasted down Arsenal’s left.

Minteh has to start for me.
Adingra was pretty darn good last season, playing predominantly on the right you'll remember? He's already played in the right for 45 minutes and scored this season.

I don't think he deserved to lose his place at all, and although i hate criticising young players, Minteh was clearly poor on Saturday and as a young player in the PL for the first time Arsenal away is tough. He shouldn't play every game. Adingra is the better player in my opinion. He might play Rutter there but Adingra deserves it for me

Last edited:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
25-30 million?! No chance

Yup, sounds ridiculous. Though, there have been a lot of rumours regarding interest from Tottenham and Arsenal, so I wouldn't be surprised if contact had been made at some stage this window. This seems more believable price-wise....

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Yup, sounds ridiculous. Though, there have been a lot of rumours regarding interest from Tottenham and Arsenal, so I wouldn't be surprised if contact had been made at some stage this window. This seems more believable price-wise....

says Luke with his 2500 followers who is clearly ITK with our player valuations and negotiations :rolleyes::wanker:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Either he starts this weekend or I wouldn't hold it against him if he told everyone at the club to f*** off.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Instead of Mitoma?

He’s always better on the left than on the right.
If necessary, then yes. It needs to be a meritocracy where performances count for more than star power, or players aren't going to be motivated. Adingra has done enough to deserve the chance in one role and another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here