Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sure, we'll survive. But... what an opportunity missed!

But we don't know the opportunities we have to make this so. If Hughton says no one is leaving, then who else is saying that. I have faith that we'll have someone in. And if not, then so what? Ulloa should probably stay fit for the run in after a half-season of inertia, and we can quite easily get by without living in a world of panic that says he'll break a toe or his side-parting will be dislodged so that he'll be sidelined and we're doomed.
There's enough class in our ranks to make it through.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Survive - yes. Win promotion - very unlikely.

With all this time, a panic buy really would be a failure.

The thing is, it's not like there has been LOADS of talented players moving around on loan. There has been hardly anything that would be our standard. If clubs aren't willing to loan a player out then there is LITERALLY nothing we can do.

Secondly, clubs know we want a player as backup. If you're a club loaning out a player who are you going to choose, Brighton who you KNOW play one striker or A N Other who will probably put your guy in at first choice?

I would be disappointed but completely understand if we didn't manage to get someone of the necessary quality in. You have to remember, somone being loaned out is being loaned for a reason. Perhaps they are back from injury such as Andy Johnson. Is it worth the risk? maybe not. They could be old and past it. They could be completely unexperienced.

The amount of loan opportunities for players who tick all the boxes is so SO small. Reading hit the jackpot with Roberts last year before his body exploded this year.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The thing is, it's not like there has been LOADS of talented players moving around on loan. There has been hardly anything that would be our standard. If clubs aren't willing to loan a player out then there is LITERALLY nothing we can do.

Secondly, clubs know we want a player as backup. If you're a club loaning out a player who are you going to choose, Brighton who you KNOW play one striker or A N Other who will probably put your guy in at first choice?

I would be disappointed but completely understand if we didn't manage to get someone of the necessary quality in. You have to remember, somone being loaned out is being loaned for a reason. Perhaps they are back from injury such as Andy Johnson. Is it worth the risk? maybe not. They could be old and past it. They could be completely unexperienced.

The amount of loan opportunities for players who tick all the boxes is so SO small. Reading hit the jackpot with Roberts last year before his body exploded this year.

Stop with the sense. Heads will explode, let alone Jason Roberts' body

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But we don't know the opportunities we have to make this so. If Hughton says no one is leaving, then who else is saying that. I have faith that we'll have someone in. And if not, then so what? Ulloa should probably stay fit for the run in after a half-season of inertia, and we can quite easily get by without living in a world of panic that says he'll break a toe or his side-parting will be dislodged so that he'll be sidelined and we're doomed.
There's enough class in our ranks to make it through.

Lackadaisical!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I am trying to stay positive

if the unthinkable happens and we don't bring in a new striker and we lose Leo to injury I think we can still make a run at the playoffs.

If I was Gus and the unthinkable happens I think Buckley, Vicente, and Lua Lua could all do a job of some form up front.

KEEP THE FAITH !!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Deal is as dead as a dodo now, I've heard that Norwich pulled out at the last minute, in hindsight we really should have sorted this before last weekend.

Very real possibility of not getting a striker in now, Norwich have well and truly googled us over, not that we haven't helped ourselves by not having back ups of course.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am trying to stay positive

if the unthinkable happens and we don't bring in a new striker and we lose Leo to injury I think we can still make a run at the playoffs.

If I was Gus and the unthinkable happens I think Buckley, Vicente, and Lua Lua could all do a job of some form up front.

KEEP THE FAITH !!!

this

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
wow. yes. You've pulled out a blinder there.

Why don't YOU tell us all, from that BRILLIANT list, you YOU would have signed.

Or will you just ignore this?

From that list Holden and Chaplow are decent but no strikers.

Maybe Jeffers or Nathan Ellington are exciting him, I think i'd stick with the DS boys

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Now we have people pretending to know the intimate details of the negotiations between two clubs. Priceless. Pure Jackanory.

Of course i dont know the negotiations but poyet has said publically he wants a striker with no recall only and that was why it was difficult. Its perfectly reasonable to assume based on poyets own comments he wanted jackson on that basis, as he said he wasnt interested in a striker with recall option, and even more so if norwich yesterday thought the deal was a goer and today "as they are still not safe from relegation" nobody is leaving.

Hardly jackanory and a reasonable assumption, unless of course you dont follow poyets quoted comments

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Christ on a bike if that's the calibre of loans this month then I am glad we haven't signed anyone (yet) absolute dross. Funny but we dont live in a perfect world where we get everything we want, life sucks in general we have tried to sign someone who will improve our chances but it did not happen due to a number of reasons out of our hands so best save our money and hope. Yes hope for that bit of luck we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here