Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

silver linings & tactical changes @ shrewsbury.....hmmmm

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
It was always going to be a strange night, and it certainly was, those who warned me about the toilets, you were not wrong, though I think the wall had been treated to a new coat of black paint. With the hundred of us spread across the terraces and seating, atmosphere was rarely generated even with knight and perry sitting amongst the posh albion travellers. And just when it was time to go home, some lemming got run over and the road was closed leaving us locked in the car park for half hour, dwelling on the latest albion horror cup show.

Silver linings first though:
Mcghees decision to play knight and nicolas in the centre of the park was working well, Knight was controlling the game.

Then there was Big Mac, whether it be the quality of opposition, i'm not sure, but you could not fault the big guy, he looked sharper, quicker and his touch had dramatically improved for last year.

Even the keeper looked quite good, well he came and claimed a few crosses rather than standing on his line.

Caroles crossing is a breath of fresh air and if numbers attack his deliverys, goals will come.

Now for the storm clouds, to often we stayed in training match mode and this eventually was our down fall. MM put jaret on, albert did what was required and we took the lead. MM then took jaret back of, jaret kicked the dugout and from then onwards it was a nightmare. You could possibly understand why chippy game on as jarrets defensive nature is still questionable. But the big problem was knight was moved to the wing. Now i might be wrong, but surely you don't move a player if he is pulling all the strings and controlling the tempo of the game. When leon was moved, the shape and composure went to pot.

Tank was to often left exposed with one on ones, whether this due to him playing everyone onside I can't be sure as i was behind the goal.

El-Abd wanted far to much time on the ball

Poor marking for all three goals

Oh and is a ref ever going to give us a penalty, two obvious ones last night!

Deep breath rant over, and good morning all

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Black Country Seagull said:
El-Abd wanted far to much time on the ball

shrewsbury were tearing us apart down the flanks:nono:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Re: Re: silver linings & tactical changes @ shrewsbury.....hmmmm

Scotty M said:
shrewsbury were tearing us apart down the flanks:nono:

reid did ok for a make shift left back i thought.

When finally getting out of the car park, oatway and butters passed my car looking very subdued (sp?), me thinks MM was far from happy!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Even the keeper looked quite good, well he came and claimed a few crosses rather than standing on his line.

Caroles crossing is a breath of fresh air and if numbers attack his deliverys, goals will come.l
Its good to read that he(Chaigneau) wasn't that bad, the commentary on SCR made it sound like he was well dodgy!
Why does Carole keep being taken off? when he seems to be one of our better players and in both games he's been subbed we've let two goals in after he's gone off

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Re: Re: silver linings & tactical changes @ shrewsbury.....hmmmm

Don Tmatter said:
Its good to read that he(Chaigneau) wasn't that bad, the commentary on SCR made it sound like he was well dodgy!
Why does Carole keep being taken off? when he seems to be one of our better players and in both games he's been subbed we've let two goals in after he's gone off

We thought he took him off, so he would be fresh for saturday, or perhaps he still is not quite match fit, but he looks a very good signing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Now for the storm clouds, to often we stayed in training match mode and this eventually was our down fall. MM put jaret on, albert did what was required and we took the lead. MM then took jaret back of, jaret kicked the dugout and from then onwards it was a nightmare. You could possibly understand why chippy game on as jarrets defensive nature is still questionable. But the big problem was knight was moved to the wing. Now i might be wrong, but surely you don't move a player if he is pulling all the strings and controlling the tempo of the game. When leon was moved, the shape and composure went to pot.

I get the feeling that MM is getting in Sven mode and wants to defend 1-0 leads. That just invites others to attack. Our defence is not the best. Its not the best tactic.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am sure that McGhee knows what he is doing but to many of us it sure doesn't look like it.

:nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I cant believe ANYONE could think the keeper was anything OTHER than DODGY, his positional sense was rotten and he didnt give his defenders a shout ONCE in the whole game.

If we have to have him against a decent side we really are well and truly f***ed:nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
I cant believe ANYONE could think the keeper was anything OTHER than DODGY, his positional sense was rotten and he didnt give his defenders a shout ONCE in the whole game.

If we have to have him against a decent side we really are well and truly f***ed:nono:

Hence we should break the bank for Blaney.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Rougvie said:

What he said!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WATFORD O said:
gahhhhhhhhhn dahhhhhhhhhhn

I see the bubble has burst on your season already. And there was me thinking you might get somewhere near the automatic promotion places this season.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I see the bubble has burst on your season already. And there was me thinking you might get somewhere near the automatic promotion places this season.

Normal service for us is about to being resumed! At least I had a photo taken of me with the league table.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
WATFORD O said:
Normal service for us is about to being resumed! At least I had a photo taken of me with the league table.

Good idea, you might as well make the most of it while it lasts ...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Leon running the game sounds excellent given the captain armband as well. As for Jarrett what has he got to do being brought on and then taken off is really not going to help is it, hope MM said sorry for a poor decision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here