Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silly things you believed when you were younger....

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I used to think............

1) When I heard records on the Radio I thought the band/singer was actually in the studio and everything was live.

2) When watching Sussex play 3 day games my Dad would say towards the end of the day that the next batsman was a "nightwatchman". I thought the poor sod had to sit up all night and watch the Ground !!:dunce:

I remember a young sprog who, when his Dad was leaving home for an evening match, asked how they could play in the dark.
He was told that everybody parked their cars round the pitch and turned on their headlights.
Being fully aware that Dads knew everything, he believed this for years (I think, deep down, he still does)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Hadlee said:
2) When watching Sussex play 3 day games my Dad would say towards the end of the day that the next batsman was a "nightwatchman". I thought the poor sod had to sit up all night and watch the Ground !!:dunce:

Me too!! I wondered how they knew if he fell asleep if everyone else was asleep...

I believed the old "eat and orange seed and a tree will come out your ear" one..

My Mum always used to say when she was driving and people annoyed her that she would love to own a foam car so she could run into them to teach them a lesson but not hurt them...I so much wanted to buy her one and looked for one for years!!

and for years I walked home from school not stepping on lines or cracks "Step on a line you break your Mum's spine, Step on a crack break your Dad's back"...

:blush:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I used to believe;

(1) That thunder was caused by clouds bumping into each other!

(2) That ladies had a stump where their willies had been cut off!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I used to believe that baby came out the belly button

My mate also believed that if you screamed a word down the speakers of your TV set the presenters in Blue Peter would say that word :shootself

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I used to believe a mythical creature called the Bunyip(like big foot but nastier) existed, and thus whenever the family went to the bush for a BBQ i'd refuse to get out fo the car for fear this effing great creature would come charging through the bush and rip my family to pieces.

I used to believe if ever i heard a noise at night in the house it was a ghost.

I used to believe if i went swimming in the sea a shark would eat me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to think the world revolved upside down whilst we were asleep at night, and returned to normal by the morning. I never understood why my stuff wasn't scattered all over the place afterwards though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here