Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Silky" David Cameron and terracing

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
There's a small piece in the Sun in the morning saying the Tories would have a review of football ground safety, and possibly allow terracing if safe.

Best of both worlds -- Labour gives us Falmer just before getting beaten in an election, and then the Tories let us stand there?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
looks like david "like me, like me...please...like me....i'm great...seriously, i'm perfect...like me" cameron is up to his old tricks

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I agree. He's going to get spotted actually on an actual bandwagon soon.

Still though, it's something the government could easily do something about, and isn't.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont care if anyone likes him or not, if hes going to bring back terracing (meaning atmosphere) then thats A-OK WITH ME!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
turienzo's lovechild said:
well its obvious that its possible to have safe terracing(look at germany),can't REALLY see the governments problem with it

Personally i think that terracing was perfectly safe, it was the mentallity of the football fan at the time that made it unsafe!

disclaimer: I was not old enough to properly experiance terracing in its 'hey-day- but that is my view!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ali jenkins said:
Personally i think that terracing was perfectly safe, it was the mentallity of the football fan at the time that made it unsafe!

disclaimer: I was not old enough to properly experiance terracing in its 'hey-day- but that is my view!
*pull up a chair*

brighton score at the goldstone
crowd surge from the north stand
you start 4 rows from the top and end 4 rows from the front
then you make your way back to the top minus a shoe

if you're lucky you go home with 2 shoes :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Guinness Dave said:
*pull up a chair*

brighton score at the goldstone
crowd surge from the north stand
you start 4 rows from the top and end 4 rows from the front
then you make your way back to the top minus a shoe

if you're lucky you go home with 2 shoes :lolol:

If you're REALLY lucky you go home with 4 shoes. The pair you arrived with, plus another, more expensive pair :clap2:

Last edited:

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Bry Nylon said:
If you're REALLY lucky you go home with 4 shoes. The pair you arrived with, plus another, more expensive pair :clap2:
:clap2:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
the review will probably mean they'll just bring in all that shit Thatcher wanted to bring in.

Tories dislike football, despite whatever they claim.

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
bigc said:

and lib dems

that leaves labour then :down:

vote seagulls party

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Quite a few Tories dislike Cameron.

Not enough for my liking.

It's time for a typical Tory U-Turn, a la Hague and IDS.

:lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
bigc said:
the review will probably mean they'll just bring in all that shit Thatcher wanted to bring in.

Bollocks to the power of testicles. What a crap generaliation.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Large One said:
Aside from John Major and David Mellor
What exactly were John Major's football supporting credentials again?

The Tories HATE football. Always have. And if anything epitomises what they'd hate most about football, it's the egalitarianism of old-fashioned terraces. If Brighton Council (as was) had still been run by the Tories, we'd have gone out of business at the Priestfield - Withdean would never have happened in a million years. And this is the latest piece of cheap, opportunism from David "call me Dave" Cameron. f*** them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nick John - tory councillor in Worthing - big footie fan.

Don't know about the party politics in Brighton so can't comment but it really is a stupid stupid generalisation.

What about the Reading chairman? Big, big, big Tory. Suppose he hates footie as well does he?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzzer said:
What about the Reading chairman? Big, big, big Tory. Suppose he hates footie as well does he?
I didn't know that. Christ, he's an even bigger ccuunntt than I thought - and I've always thought he was a particularly dreadful old ccuunntt anyway.

Although, now you mention it...the rampant egocism (naming everything after himself), the rumours, ahem - how can I put this delicately? - that he's far from averse to having a bowl from the Sea AND from the Davigdor Road end, so to speak....it's all starting to make sense now.

In fact, I wouldn't wish ill on Steve Coppell but please, someone lend John Majeski a set of women's underwear, an orange with drugs on it and a length of flex. Surely he won't be able to resist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here