Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
what was edited out???

i think a silence is a good idea personally

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just what the terrorists want. A high-profile reminder to everyone of what they are capable of.

1066gull

Why do we always have to do things like this? Yes it was terrible but we need to carry on and not let the terrorists win

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Easy 10 said:
Just what the terrorists want. A high-profile reminder to everyone of what they are capable of.

good post.

Carry on regardless, if we continue to stop for 2 minutes everytime anyone farts or croaks the whole fuucking country will grind to a permanent halt in another few years

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what you mean, why do we have to show our respect to people who lost their lives in a terrorist outrage? yeah you are right..bollocks to em...they shouldnt have been going about their business in London anyway...it was their own fault they were on the tubes and busses trying to get to work.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are a cock sometimes ( that is adriano BTW)

Last edited:

1066gull

Dies Irae said:
what you mean, why do we have to show our respect to people who lost their lives in a terrorist outrage? yeah you are right..bollocks to em...they shouldnt have been going about their business in London anyway...it was their own fault they were on the tubes and busses trying to get to work.....

Why are you always having a go at me. How is my point any different from Easy 10, or zefarelly.

What has got in to you?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:

Sorry David but he's merely agreeing with several other posters, why don't you have a pop at them then ?

BTW we haven't had a posting about Guitar Hero from you for a while, have you broken your Play Station ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Your post was before Zefs ( whilst I was writing it) and I missed easy's

I am not "always" having a go at you. I was directly affected by the 7/7 bombings due to my job.

I think my view of it may be somewhat different to yours sat in Hastings

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
Sorry David but he's merely agreeing with several other posters, why don't you have a pop at them then ?

BTW we haven't had a posting about Guitar Hero from you for a while, have you broken your Play Station ?

f*** off you bearded twat

BTW Guitar Hero is still going but this is a serious thread and I dont wish to lighten it as you just have

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

1066gull

I thought you was a different from the majority of posters on here, you appeared very friendly and plite the first two times round.

But I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I was merely agreeing with other members by backing them up but then again, if someone don't agree with something it is only one persons fault and not everyone elses.

And that person is me.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry...run that past me again

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
f*** off you bearded twat

BTW Guitar Hero is still going but this is a serious thread and I dont wish to lighten it as you just have

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Well sorry ! Bit more bad news for you, I no longer have a beard. I'm told that it makes me look younger, eat yer heart out young man :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seriously I think that 1066 has made some mistakes in the past but he now tries to be a good bloke. Oh, I also approve of a silence.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dies Irae said:
Its appropriate for the friends and families of the victims to remember that day in their own way, but I'm just not comfortable about making a National event out of it. We HAD a two minute silence the following week (if memory serves). If we decide to start commemorating terrorist atrocities on an annual basis, then no matter how well meaning the thoughts behind it, it DOES only serve to perpetuate and draw attention to what it is the terrorists "achieved" that day for whatever twisted cause they were doing it for. And creating a high-profile lasting memory of what they did that day is EXACTLY what these people want.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:
Its appropriate for the friends and families of the victims to remember that day in their own way, but I'm just not comfortable about making a National event out of it. We HAD a two minute silence the following week (if memory serves). If we decide to start commemorating terrorist atrocities on an annual basis, then no matter how well meaning the thoughts behind it, it DOES only serve to perpetuate and draw attention to what it is the terrorists "achieved" that day for whatever twisted cause they were doing it for. And creating a high-profile lasting memory of what they did that day is EXACTLY what these people want.

I dont necessarily agree with that. I tend to subscribe to the view that what a terrorist wants is "shock" tactics....ie an instant horrific event that would cause maximum effect. 9/11 has hopefully proved that they tend to be one offs, madrid...London ( although there was the one the week or so later) Bali etc.

I think it highly appropriate that we have some sort of rememberence. Wether it gives the terrorists a "point" is hardly here nor there as evryone knows it happened and has not forgotten it.

just a view though and I can see where you are coming from also.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Also you have to think about previous and future attacks. What makes the people who died on 7/7 more important that all the people killed by the IRA over the years, and are we now going to have a 2 minute scilence every time there is a terrorist event? Create a memorial and then ayone who wants to pay their respects can go to that. Job done. Also why is it a two minute scilence? I know that arguement has been done to death on here so I won't go into it too much. I blame the scousers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here