Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed shirts

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
Just looking at ebay and was wondering what the most expensive albion shirt was sold for. They had a wayne rooney signed one for £21 on there an old sandtex brighton one for £45 not signed.

only asking because i still hav'nt got round to putting my Palarse 0 Albion 1 signed shirt into a frame yet and want to know if i should up my contents insurance.:albion2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mate they are worth whatever you can get for them at the time. There certainly isn't a hard and fast formula. Your Palace 0-1 Albion shirt would sell for about £20 - £40 depending on condition (if it was the one without the score embroidered then it would be at least £40). Depending on who has signed it, if it is McShane, then you might expect to realise around £100, if it's another player, then perhaps a bit less.

Depends what your excess is with regards to insurance.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
speaking of signed shirts..... in a charity auction i purchased last seasons kit framed and signed by the whole team. Some of the signatures are easy to decipher e.g. Andy Whing, Tommy Elphick, Craig Davies, Adam Hinshelwood, Kevin Mcleod... but others I cannot work out. Anyone have any ideas of how I can match up the signatures and work out who they are?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
speaking of signed shirts..... in a charity auction i purchased last seasons kit framed and signed by the whole team. Some of the signatures are easy to decipher e.g. Andy Whing, Tommy Elphick, Craig Davies, Adam Hinshelwood, Kevin Mcleod... but others I cannot work out. Anyone have any ideas of how I can match up the signatures and work out who they are?

take a photo and put it on here might attract a few answers

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its swings and roundabouts,i paid £25 for a run of the mill 05 skint home top on ebay a several weeks ago,the next week a guy sold the yellow the red and the same shirt as i bought as a package and from memory he got £16.50 for all three,what you need are 2 or three bidders on line at the time its due to sell to get a decent price..Hard and fast rule is never to put the anything on ebay that has a end time of between 9am and 5pm,try and time it so the bidding ends in the evening so that people coming home from work ect are on line.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I have 2 signed Albion shirts, both from Ebay. Paid a tenner for one and £20 for the other which I was very happy with. Both were signed by the whole team

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It all depends, i was watching the white shirt with 1-0 on it ect and it only sold for £10, and another shirt sold last night for the same price signed by the whole 07/08 squad.
Have bought a couple off ebay, never paid more than £25 for a shirt signed by the entire squad. But my favourite is my matchworn Oatway shirt, signed and worn vs Qpr which i was led to believe was his last ever game for the club!

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
I paid nearly £200 for the 1991 playoff final shirt that mike small wore , now framed and hung in my house

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
about 3/4 years ago off Ebay , i had to battle hard for it , but it sits in its pride of place in my house , i was wondering what i would get for it now ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Oooh also on the subject of signed shirts I'm not sure what happened to the sign Jake and Loft shirts from the sponsors dinner. I think Merry Prankster took them for safe keeping but no sure what happended after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here