Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign Him Up!...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson has launched a furious attack on Lomano LuaLua after the striker complained about a lack of first-team opportunities.
The DR Congo hitman has made just five appearances for the Magpies this term and admitted he was thinking of a loan move away from St James' Park.

But Robson has hit back at LuaLua, saying he will not take advice from a player about how to manage the side.

"How dare he say this? I run this football club, not LuaLua, and I decide who does or does not go out on loan," said Robson.

"If he has anything to say he should do it the honest way and come and see me face to face and not go behind my back and put it on his website.

"What he should be doing is honouring his contract with this football club. As far as we are concerned, we are honouring our obligations to him.

"At times I get brassed off with the modern professional footballer. Some of them talk a good game when all I want from them is to play a better game.

"LuaLua has been a pretty poor professional about all this. What he should do is keep his mouth shut and get out there and do what he is paid for.

"LuaLua is way out of order and I feel as though I have been let down," Robson told the Newcastle Chronicle newspaper.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly not impressed with his web site then

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Maybe a return to wages related to what he got at Colchester and the offer of first team football. But then again I doubt it. Shame, as he is a decent player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
from St James' Park.

"At times I get brassed off with the modern professional footballer. Some of them talk a good game when all I want from them is to play a better game.

:D how true Sir Bobby

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
not likely. he's a good premiership player . . if he's gonna go out on loan, why would he drop 2 whole divisions! there are bound to be be plenty of top first div or even mid table 1st div teams that would snap him up, and have the financial clout to be able to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here