Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign here if you are unhappy with Seagulls World

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Race said:
Read Insiders reply, apparently they did and it was rectified for the 2nd half!! We must have missed it!

He's been told the wrong information obviously.

I tried on numerous occasions.

I've just received an email form PTV giving a different version of events.

They seem to think they started experiencing technical difficulties "half way through" the match.

:angry: :angry:

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
PTV had to give me my money back - like TLO I'm on a Mac so can't view the video content any more (bloody DRM bollox). But even before this - I'd been getting more and more frustrated with the service and was considering not renewing for this season. A couple of years ago you got to see the goals and a fair bit of extra highlights thrown in. Now you only get to see the goals but very rarely any of the build up.

£40 a year for premium content. My arse!

BTW has anyone else received an official Mitre match ball, that PTV were offering for renewers? Got mine last week.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Had enough now. Can't even use it in Firefox so that's the final straw.

It's cancellation time

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Cancelled my subscription a couple of weeks ago, then recieved a 'courtesy call' last week to invite me to resubscribe. I explained that I had infact cancelled it for a reason, funnily enough (the service is not worth the money in my opinion), and if I just wanted to see the goals, then I already pay Sky for that. "Fair enough" he said.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For better quality, albeit very brief goal highlights - check out www.itvlocal.tv and click on the Sunday evening news link. Works on Firefox and Macs. You can also save the clips to disk (well not officially, but I've found a way to do it with Quicktime Pro and Flip4Mac). ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Caught between a rock and a hard place if you are abroad. To do a flouncy cancellation just means you don't get live Albion coverage. I'll settle for a few glitches and having to listen to the opposition commentary if necessary. It cost £29.00 for a full season which is peanuts for the pleasure I get from it when it works.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I let my subscription cease a year ago last christmas. Mainly as a protest at the club pushing more and more through SW forcing people to subscribe to see web content that, in my opinion, should be available free to a fan of a football club.

I only used to subscribe for the commentary anyway but seeing as there are other ways to listen for free I won't bother subscribing again until that avenue is closed to me. Most of the news gets on NSC several light years before it's on the official site anyway making the club website pretty much an irrelevence, hence I very seldom even visit it anymore.

Overall it's a poor product. The regular bad service, as far as late starts or even non starts of the commentary just makes it even less attractive to me.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Cadiz Seagull said:
Any more dissatisfied customers?

Yeah, me too.

Slightly irritated that my trial subscription was automatically renewed without my knowing - but then that may have been my fault; was happy to let that go 'for the good of the club' (!?) but then found, as a Mac user, that I could no longer access content.

Pissed off that they couldn't manage to inform me or offer any refund.

A pretty poor service even when it did work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here