Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign here (Dick Tight)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

I can't be arsed anymore...

:nono:

I know what you mean...its like fighting a loosing battle, at the end of the day if it was'nt for DK BHA would not exist anymore...simple as that, Archer would've wound us up and we'd be supporting Eastbourne United or whatever!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Thats very true, but if you sell your biggest asset you need to replace it or you ar etotally f***ed, we need to invest I would say 500 grand on players at least if we want to get into Div 1 again, Surely the agreement that BOby is sold must be that there is money to rpelace him and strenghten a squad that is now depleted of its two flair players.

I don't think Coppell would have agreed to the job if Knight had told him that he would not be getting enough to have a team worthy of challenging for promotion, do you?

Personally i wouldn't mind a couple of years in the second while we get secured and while Falmer gets sorted.Only then coukld we challenge in the first anyway.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't think Coppell would have agreed to the job if Knight had told him that he would not be getting enough to have a team worthy of challenging for promotion, do you?

Personally i wouldn't mind a couple of years in the second while we get secured and while Falmer gets sorted.Only then coukld we challenge in the first anyway.

Very true, altohugh even with two years of consolidaion we need a couple of strikers, Don't think we'd do very well with the like sof Marney andWilkinson as our first choice strike force.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Neither do its not like the money from Zammo has come through yet, get it a couple of days and Coppell will be in that transfer market with some oomph behind him, qwe are now a club that players would love to play for, unlike 5 years ago and i think we will do well out of this..

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Personally, I believe that no one man is bigger than any club.

Zamora was sold because Dick Knight was given an attractive offer. We have stiffed by too many parasites outside the club (Ecovert, Withdean residents, Falmer NIMBYs), and DK has to fend them all off. And Falmer STILL remains a very good proposition.

So Zamora is going. Boo-hoo. We have played games without him before, and still have done very well without him (Colchester away, Barnet away etc).

We don't know what the next couple of days are going to bring - but I fully support Dick Knight in his endeavours. The club may well be a bit strapped, but we have nurtured an asset which bore bore fruit on the pitch, and is now reaping its rewards financially for us off it. Good management, I'd say.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
DK is doing his job.Looking after the welfare of the club, not just it's star striker.
I bet all these whingers and whiners are right pains in the arse to work with, they'll be the ones behind you tutting and shaking there heads while trying to tell you how to do your job.
How many here have actually managed, ran a football club?None i expect, so leave him alone and worry about your own finances!
Anyway, season ticket arrived this morning :clap:

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Superphil said:
About time the club put some pressure on Ecovert to reduce the costs we pay to them.

It's got to be in their interests that we are successful, surely the "Community" stadium at Falmer will be a partly council property, and, as Ecovert run all the council properties it stands to reason that they will be invited to bid on the management of the "Community" stadium.

Comon Ecovert, do us a favour, lower the f***ing rent.

Can't see it happening but it would be brilliant if this sentiment could be made a reality. Can anyone think of a way to put pressure on them ?

ECOVERT really suck for screwing the Albion on this when they know we don't have any other alternatives at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here