Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell - from the NOW

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This may be bollocks but I hope not as I would love to see it happen - Aston Villa are after Steve Sidwell

Hand in a transfer request Steve, you know it make sense to try and better yourself :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
how pissed will arsenal be he is clearly good enough for the prem and with all there up and coming bans they need players like him.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is clearly good enough for the Prem. He's into the England U21 and has been storming it in the 1st div this year. Shame we didn't make efforts to sign him a bit sooner:

1. We would have stayed up.
2. We could have made a quick, easy and tidy profit should Mr Knight have wanted to sell him!

He has shown that he is quality over the past season and a bit. I'm not sure that Arsenal will be too gutted as he wouldn't get in their team, while Vieira, Gilberto and even Edu are there. Not sure Villa would be a great move as he might not get in their side either, but I think he could do a job in the Primadonna league.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Been linked to Villa for ages in the papers. We have no need to sell...

Jamie Cureton was linked to no less than 40 clubs while we were in Division 2, and he went nowhere apart from to a country where he is actually among the tallest players in the team!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wilts, any idea on the fee that Reading paid for Sidwell, it was all a bit hush-hush last year, based on getting promoted/to the play-offs etc. Do Arsenal have a big sell on clause?

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
I seem to remember it being around the 250-300k mark, no doubt with top-ups at other milestones, 50 games etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here