Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shteve McLaren close to winning Dutch title

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Might put the kiss of death on him here but it appears that Steve McLaren has taken his FC Twente side to within 2 games of winning the Dutch title for the first time in 84 years.

They're a point clear of Ajax with 2 games to go. Whatever happened to him as England boss, fair play to the ruddy faced buffoon if he can win the Dutch League ahead of the likes of Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV with a club who must be the local equivalent of Blackburn Rovers :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scapegoat as Engand manager imo. No luck at all and a couple of decisions that backfired badly but not the clown he is made out to be. Glad he's doing well again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Strikes me as a very good coach but unfortunately when in charge of England succumbed to the "call him JT"/WAG envrionment that Sven did.

Basically everything that Capello cracked down on.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Got the England job too early (like Bobby Robson, I would argue).

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I read somewhere the other day that he will become the first English manager to win a major european league since Bobby Robson at Barcelona. A great manager at club level, but unfortunatley he was useless at International level.

I read somewhere the other day that he will become the first English manager to win a major european league since Bobby Robson at Barcelona. A great manager at club level, but unfortunatley he was useless at International level.

Except Bobby Robson didn't win the title at Barcelona (although he did win both the Spanish Cup and the Cup-Winners' Cup with them). He did win the Portuguese title in '96, though, so I suspect it is indeed Robson who is the most recent English winner, as a manager, of a major European league title.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm just looking forward to all the broadsheet sports journalists doing painful U-turns and re-evaluating McClaren/pretending they never thought he was a bad manager. Barry Glendenning will probably be the first!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here