Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury vs Port Vale

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Reported on Sky Sports News as a fire in the electric generator in the main stand - caused a loss of power with the fire service called - no option but to abandon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had it been called off after 88 mins I think it would have been a 1 0 win to Shrewsbury but not sure of the cut off time. So game will be replayed obviously starting 0 - 0.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
After what time does the score stand as Shrewsbury winning 1 - 0 would assume it was called off before that time.

A game can only be under consideration for a complete result if 75 (or maybe 80 can't remember off my head) minuets has passed. Even then the result has to be beyond doubt, i.e above 3 goal margin.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A game can only be under consideration for a complete result if 75 (or maybe 80 can't remember off my head) minuets has passed. Even then the result has to be beyond doubt, i.e above 3 goal margin.

Not true as we were told at Swindon by the police the ref was going to call the game off if the weather didn't improve and he would do it just before the cut off time as it was poring with rain and we were getting well beat, I think it was 4 - 0, not sure. So it happened and we lost the replayed game but we had already been promoted when we played it if memory serves me right.

I thought that it was after 23 mins of 2nd half (68mins) ie the last 1/4 of the game.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Not true as we were told at Swindon by the police the ref was going to call the game off if the weather didn't improve and he would do it just before the cut off time as it was poring with rain and we were getting well beat, I think it was 4 - 0, not sure. So it happened and we lost the replayed game but we had already been promoted when we played it if memory serves me right.

I thought that it was after 23 mins of 2nd half (68mins) ie the last 1/4 of the game.

The rule has changed since then, although I have heard of that famous story at Swindon from my dad, where the game was called off, players went out for a drink, and then the night before the referee changed his mind again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you get sent off in an abandoned game, is the red card rescinded?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I just wanted to check, did we deffinitely lose the re-played match? I thought we were getting spanked, it was abandoned but we then back and won it when it was re-arranged? Might be wrong, I just thought I'd heard the story that we went there and won?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here