Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury Roll Call

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:wave: :wave:

2 of us making the short journey from Wolverhampton.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Yes - if I can just suss out where best to park!

New Meadow seems very un-car-friendly, at least as far as I can tell from their official web-site, which has rather unclear and contradictory information.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes - if I can just suss out where best to park!

New Meadow seems very un-car-friendly, at least as far as I can tell from their official web-site, which has rather unclear and contradictory information.

Same here - if anyone finds where is best to park, please post.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I was going to, but then though 4 games in 6 days is too much.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Same here - if anyone finds where is best to park, please post.

These two might know:

Its only 15 mins up the road for me - so must attend.

The Shrews are going well this season - 2nd in L2 and with us being one off relegation - thats puts us only 6 places apart - should be a good game - is it to a finish i.e. extra time and pens if necessary?

Hope they see this soon!

zego

Jul 10, 2003

Always my first port of call, but info can be a little out of date, especially with new stadiums, so also check and compare with official website, and online mapping.

New Meadow on Google satellite view is just a large muddy field, a long way from anywhere!

The 'How to get there' info on Shrews website has a very poor out-of-scale map, says you can't park on public roads nearby, but elsewhere says those restrictions were brought in by the local authority, without any discussion with the club, but as of late 2007 had been rescinded.

Hence the question ...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
2 on the coach from the withers :yahoo:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would think so. Driving there, as I doubt the club could run to a pick up in Llangenny.

There are some interesting comments onthe STFC board linled in #8:
"with free travel easy 500 plus.they always have brought loads to Shrewsbury.i've got a lot of respect for their supporters,very noisy lot's of flags and scarves.
500 plus "

"Its Midweek
Its Nearly Christmas
People are losing their jobs
Its a tinpot trophy
Its a 434 mile round trip
Is that enough reasons why it will be amazing if they bring anymore than 250 "

"Agree with Minor. If they bring 500 in this competition in the circumstances etc. then I'll be damned
Good support all the same. I'd be impressed with anything over 200
"

I was at the Gay Meadow a few years ago in this competition when the stewards told us they were expecting about 30 Brighton - I think we had nearly 200. Bound to be far more this time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here