Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury players for sale

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Duane Derby, Kevin Street and Trevor Challis all up for transfer.

They were ace on Champ 3.

They have a decent striker as well, perhaps we could sniff after him.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Luke Rogers was good 3 or 4 years ago, scored against us twice at the end of the div 3 championship season when I suspect the team were stilled p1ssed from earlier celebrations

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Biscuit said:
Yea but they would probably want MONEY for them, and the players would probably want WAGES.

Bollocks! You mean that still goes on in football?

Jul 20, 2003
Ah, Luke Rogers, what criminal activity have you not yet indulged in

makes the likes of Keiron Dyer, Onandi Lowe etc look like model citizens

shame, good player but clearly has something amiss upstairs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Shrewsbury players for sale

Trufflehound said:
We should never allow anyone called Challis into the team. It just wouldn't be right.

Or Duane.....

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Biscuit said:
Yea but they would probably want MONEY for them, and the players would probably want WAGES.

I thought that we were promised that some money was now available after DC left?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Eastleigh Seagull said:
Duane Darby - I remember him being a bit of a folk hero during my years in Hull. He must be getting on a bit.

He played for Rushden last year when we won 1.3 and was scary to look at butnot a footballer, perhaps an extra in a horror film is his vocation in life

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
right, so let me get this straight,

we should be looking to sign players from a shit team that are knocking on relegation back to the conference?

and why should we be doing that?:nono: :)

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
We ain't going near the Conference ever again, sonny. There but for the grace of God etc.

Duane "Donkey" Darby's not really done it for us- a pity because on the few times he's fired he seemed quite useful.

Challis we bought from Telford after they went tits up (now if you're talking about shit Midlands teams...). We'll always be grateful for his winning penalty in the Play Off Final, but again he's never really done the business.

Street's a decent central midfielder who the previous "manager" knobbled by playing him on the wing, where he didn't have a clue.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
For the first half of this season we had a sh*t manager. We lost loads of games and went out of the cup to a pub team from Cambridgeshire.

We now have a good manager. Over Christmas we steamrollered Darlington and Bristol Rovers, two teams significantly higher in the table than us, and gave the league leaders a scare.

I have no worries about going down this season- we're climbing the table and there are other teams in freefall. Kiddie and R&D will go down this season, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here