Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Show your respect to Harry Richard Knight.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Thanks for all that you've done for the club.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thanks Mr Knight
You will not remember phoning me with an answer to my query but thank you anyway. You saved our club and you've given us a future - something that was not even on the horizon when you took over.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Thanks for all you have done for The Albion Mr. Knight, and here's to some brilliant football as the result of your hard work...

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Without question Dick Knight saved this club in its darkest hour and for those of us who where there at that time we should never forget how much he did for us. A true Albion hero and maybe the best chairman to date with what he had to work with. I cannot thank him enough for what he did and glad he has not left the club totally. I don't think he would have stepped down if it was'nt in the best interest of the club. He will always be Sir Dick Knight to me...!

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
It will be very difficult to replace such a skilled negotiator and bloody good salesman.
Yes, Dick ( like everyone else in life ! ) did make mistakes but he proved his ability by acting quickly and turning those particular situations round.
Unlike many chairmen, Dick is a lifelong fan and as such, hurts with the rest of us. Like those of us with long memories, Dick has seen the potential of this club as it rose from relative mediocrity to the highest level of English football.
Because of Dick's efforts over these twelve difficult years, this club is moving in the right direction again and maybe, just maybe, in a few years time, when we are enjoying higher level football at Falmer, we will feel a responsibility to our children and grand-children to point out Dick's name at the stadium and say.......
" He saved us "

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
How many chairmen have stepped down with a ringing endorsement?

It says so much for what Dick Knight has achieved. We were nearly robbed of our club. There were a few times when it looked like we might go out of existance. We are grateful that there was someone to take up the cause who could do something about it.

Thanks Dick, and I hope to see you taking centre stage when Falmer opens.

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
You saved us during our darkest hour and you are stepping down allowing a bright new dawn. Thanks Dick, you are a legend, without you we would not be here.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
a proper legend. without knight there would be no albion today. we're proud of you and we thank you.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Thank you Mr Knight. You gave this club a future. You believed in what we could all achieve together and allowed us all to play a part in saving the club. You listened to the fans and worked with us, we really are a proper 'family' club. The legacy of what you have achieved will live on and will never be forgotten. A true legend :bowdown: :ascarf:

Stevo66

May 19, 2009
Show your respect to Harry Richard Knight

Cheers for everthing you've done for the Albion,a true Albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here