Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shouldnt we be discussing pubs in swindon now

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
this thread been started by couple of other people with no response, i doubt we are all tee total so have we got ideas for pubs?

i didnt go there this year, come to think of it the last time i went it kicked off in a pub and a brick came through the window just missing my head and knocking my stella and pork scratchings flying. cant remember name of that tthank god

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I am going to a pub that I went to last time. I think it may be called The Merlin.

It is just over the roundabout away from the ground. Past the chip shop and I think the fire station.

They have TVs in the urinals.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
fatboy said:
I am going to a pub that I went to last time. I think it may be called The Merlin.

It is just over the roundabout away from the ground. Past the chip shop and I think the fire station.

They have TVs in the urinals.

do you know where that is in relation to the station fatboy?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't know from the station, but it was a taxi journey that was a couple of quid.

There were plenty of taxis outside the station.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We need to get there by 12!

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
OB have said either the Merlin or THe Bulldog, keep away from the County Hotel apparently! :eek:

jmc said:
keep away from the County Hotel apparently! :eek:

DEFINITELY. They have blokes on the door that won't allow away fans in anyway, but if any Albion did manage to get in they almost certainly wouldn't get out in one piece. I went in there when in Swindon this season to see a friend before the Chesterfield game and it is a NASTY place. Steer WELL clear.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The Merlin has a car park behind it BUT be careful if you use street parking many are residents only and the 'parking attendants' will be out in force so read the signs carefully.

Directions from the station... either Taxi which will take no longer than 2-3 minutes Not 10 mins as safeway suggested.. or walk out of the station and take the road in front of you, at the junction turn left, at the Traffic lights Turn (by Sextons) and walk down Manchester Road (there is a large Irish pub in this road) keep walking to the end of the road and turn Right onto County Road... Walk quickly past the county Hotel (no away fans allowed)..Then onto the Magic Roundabout.. With the ground behind you walk up Drove road past the Fire station And the Vauxhall Garage and The Merlin is on the left by the Lights. The Merlin welcomes away fans..

In the Town centre there are many Large chain Pubs, ie walkabout, firkins etc, All will have doormen and a few have said Football supporters are not welcome...

From the town centre it is only 10 mins walk to the ground and it is signposted..

Have fun but Avoid the County Hotel.. and the Bulldog on Queens Road

I will be in the Merlin with my Asian wife and 2 kids I will not be wearing stripes but an England T shirt as we are seated in the Swindon End...Come and say Hi

SaFE journey here the best way is M23 M3 Bracknell A329M, then M4 coming off at junction 15... follow the signs for Swindon Centre
There are 2 nice pubs on the way into town the Sun Inn and The spotted Cow (really good for food) they are about 1 minute past the Hospital..

Oh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here