• Cheer them all the way

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Boo em off the park

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
Following on from Chapmans thread, a lot of people think that the lads deserved to get boo'd last night. My opinion is you've got to get behind them even more please vote.

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Give em a cheer cause its boosts the team and pisses off rival fans

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I think you should get behind the lads but sometimes it is hard to cheer when we are playing shite!

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Cheer for most of the game, but they need a few boos too - to make them realise that they're bad, if that's what they are. You can't just cheer no matter what.

You need some contrast, to make them want to try harder.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i sing for love and sing through the fear!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
cheer and sing all the time, going to football is about having a laugh a well, can't do that if ya just moaning for 2 hours !!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On nights like last night I just shrug my shoulders and then start laughing at how bad we are. I started off giving the team my full support, gradually shifted my energies towards the terrible ref and then eventually realised we couldn't score against a St Dunstan's XI so just laughed it all off.:lolol:

Then I got home and realised:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :tosser::tosser:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
redland said:
cheer and sing all the time, going to football is about having a laugh a well, can't do that if ya just moaning for 2 hours !!
best post all day ! nice one redland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think that if we had cheered at the end last night the players would probably think we are taking the piss.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
On nights like last night I just shrug my shoulders and then start laughing at how bad we are. I started off giving the team my full support, gradually shifted my energies towards the terrible ref and then eventually realised we couldn't score against a St Dunstan's XI so just laughed it all off.:lolol:

Then I got home and realised:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :tosser::tosser:

spot on, Brian :nono:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
how can you cheer someone whos just performed like a complete fuckwit? sorry, praise where praise is due, but not when its not.

I think silence ind ignoring them is better than booing, most footballers thrive on attention, just walk off and ignore them like theyre not there . . . .thats'll piss em off.

although 3 successive defeats on the trot and I'd be booing :angry:

Oct 22, 2003
West London
Four- nill again

Oh well its going to be a tradition this 4-nill thing at Griffin park.I dont know why it is Brentford beat Brighton cant beat Oldham strange but there you go.At least palace lost,Oh and one last thing...errrm"clear my throat" CAN WE PLAY YOU,CAN WE PLAY YOU,CAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK!TA TA chums lets see if we can spank you on your own dung heap!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Neither

Silence speaks volumes

If the performance merits it I don't think there is a problem with booing, silence or ironic cheering. Luckily I missed last nights debacle, but in such situations I find that singing and cheering for a laugh tends to make the experience easier to bear. I think singing when you are getting tonked is more a piece of defiance on our part to let the players and opposition know that we cannot be beaten even if the team can.

I don't see why the players should expect unconditional support if they put in a performance as pathetic as last nights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here