Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Wilkins stand on the touchline ?.

Wilkins - Touchline Role

• Wilkins should be on the touchline at all times managing

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Wilkins should be mainly on the touchline directing things

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Wilkins should float between the stands and touchline

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Wilkins can do the same job in the stands

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Wilkins should be in the stands at all times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option - please state

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Makes me laugh when you see Coppell phoning instructions down to the bench from the stands, taking great care to cover his mouth. Does he HONESTLY suspect the opposition have a lip-reader somewhere in the stadium who is watching him over the 90 minutes in an effort to pick up his instructions ?

Palace fucktard.

like wilkins was doing today. he doesnt want anyone to read his lips, yet he is more than happy to show off what we are doing on a bloody big tactics board

if there is a direct audio link then it is ok, such as sammy lees doctor who head set. but the fact that the two of them spend more time on the phone than anything else is ridiculous. by the time wilkins has phoned up, told white what to do, then white relays it to the team, the whole situation may HAVE changed

if you are going to sit in the stand, you have to trust your assistant to get on with it, and not need to be relaying insturctions every 5 minutes. thats what coppell did

Whatever.

Whatever Wilkins decides, it's his decision as manager and who cares what some fans think?

If it works for some games, then that's the way to do things. If he feels he needs to be on the line, then I'm sure he'll simply move there when he wants to.

This is beyond discussion, imo - it's always up to DW. He can sit in Preston Park with a radio for all I care, as long as he pulls the strings in the best way he can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here