Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Wilkins stand on the touchline ?.

Wilkins - Touchline Role

• Wilkins should be on the touchline at all times managing

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Wilkins should be mainly on the touchline directing things

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Wilkins should float between the stands and touchline

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Wilkins can do the same job in the stands

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Wilkins should be in the stands at all times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option - please state

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People may read this as another opportunity to bash Wilkins but it is a serious questions as I have not seen it happen before with any Albion manager or any manager in general. Wilkins has spent most of the season away from the touchline in the stands with Dick Knight etc to watch the game. He said in the argus he would continue to do this for the rest of the season.

Surely a manager needs to be a visual prescence on the touchline to the players directing, encouraging, bollocking whatever, surely to be in the stands out of side with a mobile to Dean White is quite bizarre. I could understand it once or twice to get a different perspective but to plan to do it all season is strange to say the least.

Its not a slagging off thread but a serious debate , please contribute with pluses and minuses to this situation.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
People may read this as another opportunity to bash Wilkins but it is a serious questions as I have not seen it happen before with any Albion manager or any manager in general.
470_coppell_motm_470x300.jpg

Loads of managers do it now. Although their stands are more than 6 yards above the pitch. :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gives the manager a better view of the game, so if Wilkins feels it works why should he change

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I dont care as long as it works! Would be a better idea to do it the way Coppell does though, spend the first half in the stands and the second half on the touchline.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coppell always used to spend the first half in the North Stand and Adams was known to do that as well.

Can't recall this too many times, I may be old fashioned but I think a manager should be on the touchline/dug outs

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
is it because he is starting to feel the heat and its the easy option out, just a thought

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
is it because he is starting to feel the heat and its the easy option out, just a thought

No a (very)few voices in the crowd are not going to effect the way a manager manages his team.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dear G_d Spielberg, I think you sometimes like to play the victim or you wouldn't start threads like this which are clearly aimed at getting people to have a pop at you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't care where the manager sits really, as long as he is able to change things when plan A is crumbling around him.

Sven was on the touchline and was unable to do this for England. Coppell is usually found in the stands at the start of the game and is able to change things when required (whether or not that means moving from his seat in the stands)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont really mind where he stands, but I wish he;d ditch the fridge magnets. I find them mildly embarrassing. Use them in the dressing room by all means, but having them in the dugout ? Jees.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dear G_d Spielberg, I think you sometimes like to play the victim or you wouldn't start threads like this which are clearly aimed at getting people to have a pop at you.

Les

this was a serious question as I have not seen it from an Albion manager before and wanted people's points of view.

Regards

Gareth

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here