Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we take Wrexham lightly?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
They are top of their league (I know its Blue Square Bet Conference) but they have been on a run of five wins and they must have some confidence coming into this game and the fact they will be playing at our amazing stadium.

I personally think we will give then a tonking but there's always a chance that a non league team will be a banana skin. Seen it so many times before.

What do you think?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I don't know whether I'm being pessimistic or realistic in saying that it'll be a close game.

On paper we should hammer them, even if half the team is development squad, but it just feels different.
I mean they're 3 leagues below us, but they've let in 3 goals since October or something...
Then again they've never played against anyone like Buckley, CMS, Lualua, etc.
Should be an interesting test for them, and a good opportunity for a few fringe players to get a chance. It's got definite potential to be a banana skin though!

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
Yes you should definitely take us as lightly as possible please. After all we are one position lower than we were the season before the Arsenal game. :D:D

See you Saturday

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
I don't know whether I'm being pessimistic or realistic in saying that it'll be a close game.

On paper we should hammer them, even if half the team is development squad, but it just feels different.
I mean they're 3 leagues below us, but they've let in 3 goals since October or something...
Then again they've never played against anyone like Buckley, CMS, Lualua, etc.
Should be an interesting test for them, and a good opportunity for a few fringe players to get a chance. It's got definite potential to be a banana skin though!

Actually we played Buckley in pre-season and won 3 - 0. Coincidently that's the place where Michael Owen is from ;-)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Good God no - they're a good side and we could easily lose this just by being a bit too complacent.
Realistically we are not (were never) going to get promoted and we shouldn't get relegated so it would be nice to have a run in the F A Cup - bit of kudos, bit of money, bit of glory

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
They are top of their league (I know its Blue Square Bet Conference) but they have been on a run of five wins and they must have some confidence coming into this game and the fact they will be playing at our amazing stadium.

I personally think we will give then a tonking but there's always a chance that a non league team will be a banana skin. Seen it so many times before.

What do you think?

NO!!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
banana.jpg

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Remember Woking? FCUM? Mansfield? Canvey Island? We always come a cropper against shit teams. Look what happened when Palace came down in September.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We are 59 places above them but they are more like a League One side presently, witness winning at Brentford in 2nd round and what Crawley are up to presently.

SO..realistically the gap is about 20 places and that is easily made up by crap performance/bad luck vs. good preformance/good luck. No pushover says me.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Remember Woking? FCUM? Mansfield? Canvey Island? We always come a cropper against shit teams. Look what happened when Palace came down in September.

Losing on penalties to Sudbury Town in November 1996. The beginning of the end for Jimmy Case. Very depressing evening along with the Darlington match a week later at the Goldstone. Dreadful.

Narrow 2-1 Albion win on Saturday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why on EARTH would anybody suggest that we should take them lightly? That's an insult to Wrexham. Look how up for it FC United were last season. Frankly I'd be insulted if I thought Poyet were taking it lightly.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think we'll win, but I think it'll be close-ish. I'd be very surprised if we give them a proper beating, and so no, of course we shouldn't take that lightly.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Walton & Hersham, Leatherhead, Sudbury etc. etc. No we can't take them lightly!!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I think the fact is we will field a side full of developmental players so it will be a very close match if not one we lose. We should concentrate on staying up this season, as we have zero chance of winning this cup we might as well let the kids play and if they win great, but if not at least we have rested our players and not risked anymore bannings or injuries for Bristol City.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here