Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we not be BOYCOTTING MK Dons?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
AFC don't play in Wimbledon and that's a fact. Also, all this hatred for a small club when the real problems with football rest with those at the top of the premier league. And for all of you football saints advocating a boycott, what would happen in the event that we played MK Dons in the JPT final, or, in years to come, an FA Cup final. Would your values remain the same and you would forsake seeing the Albion at Wembley.

More importantly, haven't the league changed their rules to prevent this happening again so this is a one off anomaly.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
AFC don't play in Wimbledon and that's a fact. Also, all this hatred for a small club when the real problems with football rest with those at the top of the premier league. And for all of you football saints advocating a boycott, what would happen in the event that we played MK Dons in the JPT final, or, in years to come, an FA Cup final. Would your values remain the same and you would forsake seeing the Albion at Wembley.

More importantly, haven't the league changed their rules to prevent this happening again so this is a one off anomaly.

#beats head against a fuckin brick wall#

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Look if The Albion were playing an Ian Huntley Select on Saturday and needed a win to stay up I would be there.

Anything else is posturing by those who misunderstand the game.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
And for all of you football saints advocating a boycott, what would happen in the event that we played MK Dons in the JPT final, or, in years to come, an FA Cup final. Would your values remain the same and you would forsake seeing the Albion at Wembley.

Read the whole thread before posting next time. Hardly anyone has actually advocated boycotting Saturday's game. One person asked if we should boycott it, and so far i think maybe one person is actually not going- and even then they suggested that they don't have a problem with those that do go to MK.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
No, the lads need our support more than ever right now if we are going to stay up, in the middle of sorting travel arrangements to get there so i will be cheering on the lads to hopefully 3 vital points towards safety!

Also will be good to look around the ground since the Buckingham Group built it.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
And for all of you football saints advocating a boycott, what would happen in the event that we played MK Dons in the JPT final, or, in years to come, an FA Cup final. Would your values remain the same and you would forsake seeing the Albion at Wembley.

Neutral stadia old boy, MK Dons do not benefit financially from my presence in such an event. Were we to play them away in, say, a play-off game, the answer remains - no, I wouldn't go.

I'll repeat - f*** 'em then, now and always. You're entitled to your opinion; you want to go, then go, and get behind the boys. But don't belittle me for mine.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Neutral stadia old boy, MK Dons do not benefit financially from my presence in such an event. Were we to play them away in, say, a play-off game, the answer remains - no, I wouldn't go.

I'll repeat - f*** 'em then, now and always. You're entitled to your opinion; you want to go, then go, and get behind the boys. But don't belittle me for mine.

So, for arguments sake, we take 40k to the jpt final and mk dons only 5k. Gate money split equally (I assume) therefore you would contribute.

Alternatively, we play MK Dons in a game of death (like Hereford) away.

Sod it, I can't be bothered on this thread anymore!!!!

You stick to your principles.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My memory must be going as I normally sit next to you on the train for away games!

I don't ALWAYS travel by GDC Express though...

That said, a quick count up and it looks like I won't have been to more than half five or six by the end of the season.

Normally like to get to a couple more than that a season if I can.

Just finding it hard to be bothered lately.

Jan 30, 2008
No, the lads need our support more than ever right now if we are going to stay up, in the middle of sorting travel arrangements to get there so i will be cheering on the lads to hopefully 3 vital points towards safety!

Also will be good to look around the ground since the Buckingham Group built it.
you sad fucker

Albion Rob

I know it's not a very popular view but i never felt Wimbledon fans really did enough to keep the club in London and although I feel sorry for the fans who were screwed over I very much had a sense that they were picked because they were a very easy target.

Jan 30, 2008
I know it's not a very popular view but i never felt Wimbledon fans really did enough to keep the club in London and although I feel sorry for the fans who were screwed over I very much had a sense that they were picked because they were a very easy target.
so what about AFC Wimbledon :dunce:

Albion Rob

so what about AFC Wimbledon :dunce:

Dunno really. I mean, I wish them nothing but luck but when it looked like we were going to lose our football club we managed to get it to the second item on the national news. When Wimlbedon were fighting their move they were a regualr feature in FourFourTwo but that was it (I'm paraphrasing, obviously). Where were the pitch invasions? Where were the abandoned games? Where were the boycotts that were followed by break ins?

Maybe we were lucky because we were the first club that people were interested in that was on the verge of getting screwed (I don't think people were really aware that Aldershot and Maidstone went out of business) but there was a real militant buzz around the club at the time that I never really came out of Wimbledon.

I guess I just think that it would never happen with Liverpool, never happen with Pompey and never happen with the Albion.

Why did it happen to Wimbledon? Because not enough people cared - that's why they used to get about 7,000 in the Premiership. Just an easy target, I suppose. Doesn't make it right, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here