Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should we have a seperate England haters thread?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Southgate and that fat man standing on the sidelines with looks on their faces like they are utterly clueless in Every. Single. Game.

Kane then being interviewed and "yeah, we've been practicing long throws" as if it was a good thing was the icing on the cake. I reckon the training session today is Pickford hoofs.

Switzerland will beat us. Excellent against Italy and are a team who work hard. Everything we really aren't.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There's a large section of posters who despise England, despise Southgate regardless of how we play or the results. Even if we won the tournament they would find fault

How about the haters have their own thread while the patriots who support their nation cheer on the team without the thread being poluted by negative nancies who's every contribution is to slag off the team and manager because to be honest it's really boring
You want a lickers only thread?

When Brighton lose heavily to Everton at home, or Villa away, are those who may be upset or questioning "haters" or slagging their team off?

Or maybe they're passionate fans who love their team as they do their national team.

Constructive criticism is healthy. Licking and happy clapping everything isn't.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The day after.....my thoughts are not positive.

Rice thinks he's a one man team. His positional sense is poor and he gets in other players' way.
Yes, there is no chance Dunk getting a game. Measured play with incisive high risk passing to mobile players? Ho ho ho.
Passing backwards.
Three Crystal Palace players on the pitch
Connor Gallagher
Southgate's obsession with getting Shaw on the pitch

Positives?
There are a few players who have not yet had their confidence and derring-do coached out of them.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Until you beat a good team in a tournament: yes, it certainly seems like that is the case.
Far from in Englands case. We could beat Argentina, Brazil and a Mars eleven in the Euros and still, still, people (especially Scots) would say we had an easy draw, got lucky and so forth. England can never “win” in that respect, which is possibly part of why we don’t! :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We sure are, but boy it’s tedious watching it. No matter what Randy says, this is probably the dullest England football I’ve watched since the turnip.

Watching Spain strike their third and dreaming of the pace and skill these sides display.
Yes. We have the players but not the mindset. So it won't change.

I'll still be thrilled if we grind out a tournament win of course, but that would be a distant second to surprised.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a tactical genius, hoofball and long throws. My God the man knows no bounds to how low he can go.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Far from in Englands case. We could beat Argentina, Brazil and a Mars eleven in the Euros and still, still, people (especially Scots) would say we had an easy draw, got lucky and so forth. England can never “win” in that respect, which is possibly part of why we don’t! :)
I seriously doubt it.

And yeah, you had an easy draw and got lucky. You don't have to be Scottish to see it - non-English is enough.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I seriously doubt it.

And yeah, you had an easy draw and got lucky. You don't have to be Scottish to see it - non-English is enough.

No matter how shit England have been - and we have - at least we weren't thumped 3-0 by Azerbaijan in qualification and fail to get to the tournament behind such Euro giants as Georgia and Scotland like Sweden did.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Brighton are certainly only team that gets me out of my seat and will always put myself out not to miss games. Dont hate anybody but when i watch get so little enjoyment out of watching England. Southgate may well win but such a shame to have that talent and play with such caution. Just means dont really care if they win or lose . Go as far as saying the way Southgate approaches games with that talent he doesnt deserve to win

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
No matter how shit England have been - and we have - at least we weren't thumped 3-0 by Azerbaijan in qualification and fail to get to the tournament behind such Euro giants as Georgia and Scotland like Sweden did.
You're right. One of the perks that comes with a 60 million population and some twenty £100m+ academies. If we had that, we might have beaten Azerbajdzan 1-0 or something and then had draw against Slovakia.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I seriously doubt it.

Totally misunderstood.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’ll settle for beating just one World Class in form team in normal time in any Euro or World Cup competition…..waiting :smile:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I can't believe how badly England have played since the first 30 minutes of the Serbia game. It's gaslighting from the players to pretend that the performances are fine and the results are all that matter. The performances have been unbelievably bad - no matter how you dress it up, everyone is seeing the same things. It's rubbish, because the manager is rubbish, useless and clueless.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Mars are a good team. Cracking result away at Venus especially in those temperatures and conditions.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I can't believe how badly England have played since the first 30 minutes of the Serbia game. It's gaslighting from the players to pretend that the performances are fine and the results are all that matter. The performances have been unbelievably bad - no matter how you dress it up, everyone is seeing the same things. It's rubbish, because the manager is rubbish, useless and clueless.
There are quite a few on here who don’t give a shit about the performances as long as whoever you support wins. Me? If I am not entertained I lose interest, last days of CH being a fine example. Last night was a f***ing disjointed shambles and we were dug out by a player providing a moment of inspiration rather than anything to do with the clueless Southgate’s tactics. First shot on target in the game FFS.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The reason people say we've had an easy draw is because we have, not because we've played the likes of Argentina or Brazil.

When has Southgate had anything other than an easy draw in a major tournament?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All you non patriots are worried about Switzerland at the weekend.

Us patriots know that this will be an easy win on our way to glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here