Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we get the Ole's going Saturday?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think a good way of drowning out any moans if we pass it along the back is to get the Ole's going like we did Saturday.Do you think there is any possibility of this happening at Withdean or will everyone just sit there?.We will be going for it in the family stand.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only thing I wondered about it on Saturday, fun though it was, is that it's usually what you do when your side is taking the piss out of the opposition, ie you're five up with ten minutes to go, whereas doing it after five minutes, as at Charlton, might be setting yourself up for a fall...

Plus I don't want any of our players getting a kicking from some irate, hoofing, Yeovil donkey because he got fed up with what he perceived as us taking the piss.

Aaaaahhhh, screw it, it's only Yeovil, Virgo probably couldn't catch any of our players if he tried. I'm convinced. Let's take the piss :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
İbrahim Tatlıses;3761302 said:
It's hard to say whether it would encourage the players into dominating the game, or put pressure on them to not lose the ball!

I'm all for it, it's better than that harrowing grumble of the moaners when someone dare pass it backwards
It didn't do any harm at Charlton. Let's give it a go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ole.PNG

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If all goes well through the season, how about for the last game everyone dresses up as town criers and shout "Oyez"?

2nd thoughts, shit idea.
As you were.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did enjoy the renditions of "Gus Poyet My Lord" on Saturday. We should do that, but with an extra bit.

Gus Poyet, my Lord
Gus Poyet
Gus Poyet, my Lord
Gus Poyet
Gus Poyet, my Lord
Gus Poyet
Oh Lord Gus Poyet

Albions winning, my Lord
Gus Poyet
1-0 up, my Lord (change in accordance with current scoreline)
Gus Poyet
Up the League we soar
Gus Poyet
Oh Lord Gus Poyet

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If all goes well through the season, how about for the last game everyone dresses up as town criers and shout "Oyez"?

2nd thoughts, shit idea.
As you were.

If it all goes well throughout the season how about everyone (men) dresses up in leather chaps and sailor outfits and shout "So gay"?

2nd thoughts: shit idea.
As you were

:p

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've always thought Ole is inaccurate.. more often than not it's actually crowds shouting an abbreviated version of Hooray: 'ray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here