Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we be worried about Leeds

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
coming in for Gus?

Apparently Grayson given another 4 games to sort it out.

Undoubtedly a bigger Club then we may ever hope to be but with a complete spiv for a Chairman.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Honestly don't see Leeds being a threat.

Spurs, Chelsea, any top Premier League club, yes. Mid ranking Premier League nobodies...unlikely. Another Championship club, particularly one run by Ken Bates? Almost certainly not...

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Gus can create history with us, he'd be haunted by history with them. PLUS we have more money and resources. Who'd want to work for Ken Bates?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm more concerned they will find form before coming to us and beat us to be honest. I know I should be more optimistic about our team's chances, but come on, we're brighton. I'm still not used to us having a home. Baby steps.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Agree. Top half Premiership, yup – a worry. But Leeds? Ken Bates? Why would he go there?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No. I am convinced that Gus wants to see the job through at the Albion. He's only just started his revolution here, why would he want to go and work for Ken Bates?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Grayson is a good manager, but the club lacks ambition and Bates is bleeding it dry. Who would swap Bloom for Bates, not Gus...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Honestly don't see Leeds being a threat.

Spurs, Chelsea, any top Premier League club, yes. Mid ranking Premier League nobodies...unlikely. Another Championship club, particularly one run by Ken Bates? Almost certainly not...
Spot on.

Leeds have no chance of nabbing Poyet while Bates is in charge, especially as a Championship side with a worse squad and probably a worse infrastructure. Realistically, I'd say the real worry if we start well will be from a team like Villa or Everton - a big city club with genuine immediate Europa League aspirations.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
leeds.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they'd be interested in him if they do get rid of Grayson. How do we know he has been given 4 games to sort it out? One game into the season!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think as long as we are competing and attracting the players Gus wants, and a top half-mid table team, we will have Gus for this season at least. I genuinely think only a big top 8 team in the Prem could turn his head, but unlikely any clubs in that stature would take him until he has more experience

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's been there, worked with Bates and left (under poor terms i recall it mentioned). why would he go back?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Hmmm stay here where he can create a DYNASTY and is practically his own boss or go to Leeds & work under a bludging money obsessed tyrant?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Budgetary constraints at Leeds will not be tempting a manager with the backing Gus has from TB.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Talking about this in the pub on Saturday, the only potential downside if we had a really good start. I honestly don't think Gus would go to Leeds. I'm not even sure he'd go to Fulham or Wigan. I see him giving it a real crack with us for at least two seasons unless a top six/top eight Prem club comes in for him. And that won't happen until he's done well, very well, for us (ie we're right in the promotion mix).

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
So do we think Bates will put Poyet off????

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You all make very convincing arguments, thank you for putting my mind at ease :thumbsup: .

I would say they have a better squad then us though.

It was on Talksport re Grayson being given 4 games but probably just rumour mill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here