Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we be getting more national recogniton/coverage?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I can't help but feel that we should be getting more coverage nationally for what we are achieving.

We are absolutely OWNING this division, playing some stunning football (I refuse to believe that there are more than a small handful of Championship clubs who play better tippy-tappy than us), we have an absolute stonewall Premiership legend at the helm, have just knocked two Championship sides out of the FA Cup, have a cracking new ground on the horizon (LITERALLY), and have the potential to be a Premiership side within a couple of seasons.

Or are we getting plenty and I'm just being a bit greedy?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's just get on with winning this league and leave the bullshitting to others.

Really? We're usually first up on the League show, we've been highlighted loads of times and how many other league one managers get interviewed and invited to sports shows as often as Gus? I'd say it's only the piss-poor Hampshire and Wiltshire and Oxfordshire (FFS!) oriented local news that doesn't give us the time of day.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No - we've won nothing yet and we're div 3. QPR on the other hand probably do

Sep 1, 2010
Could not care less what coverage we get, all this media patting on the back and The Argus printing stories involving one of our players saying how good we are makes me cringe. Just get your heads down and do the job. We have done amazing this season and long may that continue, but doing this media bullshit can backfire somewhat as proven many times.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I think we get lots of coverage, personally I am surprised that teams such as Bournemouth who were only seeking to avoid relegation do not feature more prominantly. Also if we did not have Gus at the realm we would have less than we do now so there's is another positive influence he has had at this club.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If we win the league, and it is still a big if, then I'm sure we'll get plenty of coverage :thumbsup: but it does annoy the shit out if me that stains get more coverage locally on tv than us tbh

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BBC South Today champion Southampton - FACT. We will never get decent coverage from that provincial set up even if we end up a division above them next season. No complaints about the national coverage we get though.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Id be happy with as little coverage as possible. The last thing we need is for everyone to be hyping us up and in return giving other teams that extra determination to beat us!

Lets just keep our heads down, go about our jobs and then hopefully with a championship at the end of the season, we can get all the national credit / coverage due!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The proper football programs give us quite a lot of coverage and always go on about our style of football + Poyet. Only crap is the local news who are obsessed with anyone but us

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I'm happy to stay under the radar, as will only add more pressure on the team! Let's leave the arrogance and boasting to SCC! It will make watching them screw up a little more enjoyable at the end of the season....

Saturday 23rd April could be a glorious day..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For a small-time Division 3 outfit we get far more than our fair share of coverage.

We have long been media darlings and with the build up to the Amex now in full swing, that is going to continue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we get a bit more than we warrant to be honest, probably just because Gus is our manager. It's league one FFS, we are not winning the Premiership.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I'm pleased that we are getting any decent coverage at all, we are getting coverage which is far more than I'm used to being a Londoner. In large parts this is down to Gus & long may it continue. My friends who have always made fun of me being a Brighton supporter are now far more respectful & are full of positivity where Brighton are concerned. Our current situation is also obviously of Blooms making as it is his brilliance that has made this dream a reality, there is interest in him, his profile as a Poker player, a shrewd businessman & a smooth operator has contributed to our growing attractiveness for the media.
Gus & Tony are The Dream Team that have brought the media spotlight onto B&HAFC & whilst we are playing pure football that propels us to the top of this league & sets us up to begin life at The Amex in The Championship we will continue to attract positive media attention (except on ITV because their football coverage is shite)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I used to be really bitter about Meridian coverage and BBC coverage but this season, the less people talk about us the better.

I'd like to see more of our football in the FA Cup (i.e. a bit more kudos for beating a strong Watford side) but other than that, I'm happy for us to slowly go about our business and HOPEFULLY get out of this division this year.

Personally, I find all this arrogance about us "owning this division" a bit embarrassing really. For three years Leeds "owned" this division, fat lot of good it did them until they scraped into the last auto spot.

It seems like we are talking with the sort of god-given right to promotion crap that I despise Soton fans for.

Back on the coverage though, Claridge is always very positive about us.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I would rather the focus stays on the likes of Southampton for now, so that way the pressure stays off us. I'm perfectly happy giving them the attention for now, and giving us the focus of the media if we get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here