Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should these be treated as terrorist attacks?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Personaly i believe these are now becoming acts of Terrorisum and the people carrying out these crimes should be seen in this way.

Are my emtions getting the better of me here or do people feel the same.

Discuss?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't, you'll start off the nutcases on here

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
No. Many, many people die in terrorist attacks.

I appreciate there has been one fatality, and could have been more, but it's not terrorism, IMO.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
ter·ror·ism

noun the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

If you're terrorising people that would be the definition?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personaly i believe these are now becoming acts of Terrorisum and the people carrying out these crimes should be seen in this way.

Are my emtions getting the better of me here or do people feel the same.

Discuss?
No, and as Edna pointed out on another thread calling them anything but thugs and thieves gives them WAY too credibility. If they were terrorists they'd pick their targets better instead of burning down their own communities; the terrorist equivalent would be the IRA planting bombs in nationalist areas of Belfast.

Mind you, having said that I'm sure brunswick or one of the other 'you fools, everything that happens is part of a planned conspiracy' brigade will have an interesting theory as to how Mossad or someone are behind all this - I mean do you really think these looters are capable of planning all this on their own?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
No. They're just opportunistic thugs engaging in mob violence.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
cannot believe someone would post this.

i tend to agree more with this guy from hackney.....

A Hackney local tells BBC 5 Live: "When you've got bankers taking their bonuses and MP's taking money off people like me for their moats, and their chateaus and their castles, this is the result."

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
cannot believe someone would post this.

i tend to agree more with this guy from hackney.....

A Hackney local tells BBC 5 Live: "When you've got bankers taking their bonuses and MP's taking money off people like me for their moats, and their chateaus and their castles, this is the result."

Uprising is Nothing new-however in times gone by,such perpetrators would have been pitch forked or simply disappeared never to be seen again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no. if for no other reason than it could f*** up peoples insurance claims.

but a better reason is that they are rioting and stealing, not acts of terrorism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here