Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should there be a Male and Female Sky Sports News ?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Are you really Swedish? How the f*** do you know about Mary Whitehouse? Next you’ll be referencing Barbrara Woodhouse :lolol:
I've often wondered who he is but I don't think we're supposed to start threads on NSC members so I've stayed away from speculating.
It's come to the stage though where he seems to know so much about any and every subject I'm expecting him to reveal that he's either a Chinese bot or Stephen Fry.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
They should do a warning like with flash photography.
I wouldn’t mind that. “For the next 15 minutes we will be talking about women’s sports that no one and I do mean no one cares about”.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I don't mind the coverage but what really grinds my gears is Albion putting the next game on the banner at the top of their website, not easily specifying (at least on the mobile version) whether the game is for the women's team or the men's team. I thought we were bloody playing Man City the other day due to that, only to then realise it was the women's team.
So if there was a a woman’s sky sports news we wouldn’t have this issue.

Everybody’s done it, looked at the fixtures and thought “ooh that’ll be good it’s Barcelona vs PSG” then found out it’s just a woman’s game and been really disappointed. And if the women’s sports were so interesting why don’t they mention you can get a ‘dominoes’ during the half time of a woman’s match ?

Anyway, all I’m asking for is a separate woman’s sky sports news channel not a ban on women’s sports.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Womens football has massively grown since the Euros and brought a whole new fan base including my daughter and wife, both of whom we were me at the Amex on Sunday. I don't see any reason to seperate it. One thing I have noticed since watching both is the ladies don't roll around as though they've just been taken out by a sniper.
Recruiting Laura Woods as a presenter is the biggest plus for me.
I would have issues if an unidentified team made the programs though...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I have loads of mates who love it. i went to a 20/20 at the Oval in hospitality, spent the whole game eating and getting pissed, only went outside to watch 10 mins and gave up and went back to the grub.
I think the key points there are 20/20 and ( presumably) Surrey fans. I think that's where you've gone (very badly) wrong

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So if there was a a woman’s sky sports news we wouldn’t have this issue.

Everybody’s done it, looked at the fixtures and thought “ooh that’ll be good it’s Barcelona vs PSG” then found out it’s just a woman’s game and been really disappointed. And if the women’s sports were so interesting why don’t they mention you can get a ‘dominoes’ during the half time of a woman’s match ?

Anyway, all I’m asking for is a separate woman’s sky sports news channel not a ban on women’s sports.
Do you think there should be a men’s BBC and a women’s BBC? “Alec” Scott confined to the latter? Which one should Sam Smith watch?

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Do you think there should be a men’s BBC and a women’s BBC? “Alec” Scott confined to the latter? Which one should Sam Smith watch?
Surely the best program Mr Smith can watch is One Born Every Minute. It may help him realise you are born as a human being. I've not once seen a women giving birth to a unicorn, pussy cat etc.
Disclaimer, I'm forced to watch it by the wife.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely the best program Mr Smith can watch is One Born Every Minute. It may help him realise you are born as a human being. I've not once seen a women giving birth to a unicorn, pussy cat etc.
Disclaimer, I'm forced to watch it by the wife.
I’m not sure Sam Smith has ever identified as a fantasy animal that doesn’t exist.

Are you saying gender neutral folk aren’t human?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Imagine how angry JK Rowling would get if SS was caught watching the women's BBC.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Ladies golf is brilliant. I think it's a sport where the ladies could compete with the men on equal terms. It's just as good to watch. Strength is not so much of a factor as in other sports, it's more technique.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ladies golf is brilliant. I think it's a sport where the ladies could compete with the men on equal terms. It's just as good to watch. Strength is not so much of a factor as in other sports, it's more technique.
Courses would need adjusting a bit - the top female driver would barely make the top 200 male list on distance, but apart from that I agree.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hahahahahah absolutely incredible from the OP. 'My wife's a women' - Doesn't mean shit.
1679444748874.png

"How can I hate women ? My mother was one"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All died down a bit since the women's Euros. I thought women were all behind football now? Haven't heard a mention of women's football from all those women who were apparently huge supporters not so long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here