Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the South Stand be our "North Stand" ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Been thinking this for a while, to me it would make perfect sense, bigger stand, close to away fans. Could get quite lively in there! IMO the current North Stand looks crap, ok will look better when corners filled in, but still think the south would generate more of an atmosphere ? Thoughts ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
North Stand is The North Stand. Always was, always will be. There'll be more than enough atmosphere generated at both ends of The Amex.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes, good idea. Now you just need to swap all the season tickets over!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No.

1. Contrary to popular opinion, I think the North Stand as it is now looks awesome, and more to the point is perfect to be the noisy stand since it is a contained space where singers can congregate, The more mingling you get with other stands the more dissolved this becomes. Plus, the North stand is now the only Stand with any real seperate identity since all the others now link together.

2. The noisy home fans are almost always, in my experience, behind the goal opposite the away fans (hence why people on NSC, almost without fail, complain about how quiet other grounds are, when of course it's simply because you can't hear much from the opposite end). People who want to sing and be as close to the away fans as possible are more likely to be the bellend type who prefer shouting "wankers", "you're just a small town in ...", "sheep-shaggers", standing up making wanker signs at the away fans for no reason, celebrating a Brighton goal by simply gloating at the away fans rather than taking any apparent pleasure in the fact that we just scored, and reacting to away fan abuse like "you're not singing anymore" as if they had all just collectively shagged your mother. As someone who sat in WSL towards away end last season, I can say there are a lot of these cretins about. Keep the North Stand for those who know what properly supporting your own team is about.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think you already answered your own question "the north stand will look better when the corners are filled in " and will sound better as well plus it's closer to the west upper H block were most off the noise is anyway

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Been thinking this for a while, to me it would make perfect sense, bigger stand, close to away fans. Could get quite lively in there! IMO the current North Stand looks crap, ok will look better when corners filled in, but still think the south would generate more of an atmosphere ? Thoughts ?

YES! :mad:The north is pretty poor,should be better when the corners are filled in but yes the south stand would make more sense to be our popular end.
But then the south stand had more cred at the goldstone for quite a few years???
North got on their toes too many times:eek:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
YES! :mad:The north is pretty poor,should be better when the corners are filled in but yes the south stand would make more sense to be our popular end.
But then the south stand had more cred at the goldstone for quite a few years???
North got on their toes too many times:eek:
The south stand at the Goldstone had a great atmosphere until the seats went in

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Panda says: I'm so keeping my season ticket in the south stand.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon we may as well go the whole hog & make the West Stand the East Stand & verse-vicea. We can even swop the lower sections for the uppers & have a big tombola in the centre circle to randomly relocate the rest of the plucky STH's.

You never know, you could be sitting between TB & that bint going out with Wayne Bridge - with Uncle Ernest in front of you.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I completely agree it makes much more sense for our main atmosphere stand to be the south near the away fans. You will never get the mongs in the north to agree though.

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Me and a mate got our season tickets in the south stand as reckon the atmosphere will be buzzing with the away fans next to and hopefully some banter between the stands. Guess will find out on the first day of the season the type of crowd in there

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I reckon we may as well go the whole hog & make the West Stand the East Stand & verse-vicea. We can even swop the lower sections for the uppers & have a big tombola in the centre circle to randomly relocate the rest of the plucky STH's.

You never know, you could be sitting between TB & that bint going out with Wayne Bridge - with Uncle Ernest in front of you.

Thoughts?

Very funny ... made me laff that did !

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
If we're going to start calling the North stand the South stand and the South stand the North stand isn't it all going to get a little confusing. I don't mind. I have a seat in the West upper, or is that the East upper now?

D

Deleted member 2719

No.

2. The noisy home fans are almost always, in my experience, behind the goal opposite the away fans (hence why people on NSC, almost without fail, complain about how quiet other grounds are, when of course it's simply because you can't hear much from the opposite end). People who want to sing and be as close to the away fans as possible are more likely to be the bellend type who prefer shouting "wankers", "you're just a small town in ...", "sheep-shaggers", standing up making wanker signs at the away fans for no reason, celebrating a Brighton goal by simply gloating at the away fans rather than taking any apparent pleasure in the fact that we just scored, and reacting to away fan abuse like "you're not singing anymore" as if they had all just collectively shagged your mother. As someone who sat in WSL towards away end last season, I can say there are a lot of these cretins about. Keep the North Stand for those who know what properly supporting your own team is about.

Your not much fun Spider or are you always like that???

Yes, i like the idea of the South stand having the main vocal support but not sure how long it would take to get the singer, the majority re-housed there.

We do need more banter in the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here