Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Queen abdicate?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sad to see Tesco get their way with another planning committee.

Where are the Powys supermarket warriors?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
No she shouldn't. long live the Queen. 'f*** off' to all you non-royalists. i like her :angel:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
f*** 'er

with respect

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Queen Mum lived to be over 100. It is fairly likely the Queen herself will live to a similar age. If she pegs it when the ton comes up Charlie will be taking over at age 78.

Therefore, in terms of age our monarchy is set to make the papacy look like a Cutest Baby Competition.

If we give Charlie 10 years as king we'll then have had 45 continuous years of the monarch 's age exceeding 65 years.

I am a monarchist but believe abdication must be a key part of keeping it relevant. How can a woman of 80 put in the hours and miles needed in her position?

Much as I think Charles is a buffoon he would have much more energy for the role, and he'd get the kudos for all the work he does now because he'd be King, not Assistant TO the Regional Manager.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Abdication what this thread is about is not the same as abolition, bunch of stupids.:lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Are there any of you anti-monarchists in this thread who are not Paddies? Or 2nd or 3rd gen immigrants?

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
looney said:
Are there any of you anti-monarchists in this thread who are not Paddies? Or 2nd or 3rd gen immigrants?
:wave:

English born and bred me old china. (ok, Irish and French ancestry as well but 50% British). I haven't contributed to this thread because leacing aside the establishment of a Republic I see no reason wny she should abdicate, and certainly not in favor of Little Willy. If you want an heriditary monarchy then baring insanity you've got to take what you're given - and that means after Boring Bess we've got to put up with Charles the Chump.

Besides she won't be able to abdicate once we've cut her head off ......

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
looney said:
So thats a no then?:lolol:
Well I'm not pure-bred British (probably unlike your good self), but I should point out that my Mum, who hasn't a drop of English blood in her, is a fervent Royalist!

London Calling said:
Blair would go as well.:salute:

I have 1000 years of British ancestry and my forefathers have had their land, their wealth and power stripped away by our so called beloved monarchy's.

If we want equality in society , society must remove the unequality.

The Royals must go! :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
London Calling said:
I have 1000 years of British ancestry and my forefathers have had their land, their wealth and power stripped away by our so called beloved monarchy's.

If we want equality in society , society must remove the unequality.

The Royals must go! :clap:

Parasites, thugs, bullies, adulterers and thieves....quite a classy bloodline they have. Get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here