Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club try harder to attract gay fans?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I posted this in the ask the club section by mistake.

Surelythe forthcoming Pride festival is a good oportunity to get some new fans on board. Highlight the fact that Jake Robinson was voted best looking footballer by the gay football fans or whatever it was and maybe put up a few of those naked player shots from the christmas cards and I am sure we could intice a few along.

In all seriousness, clubs like Leeds and Bradford try hard to include their asian communities because they realise the possible increased support base so why do Brighton not do the same with the large gay community.

Would certainly help get bums on seats.

Do you think we should be trying harder to attract homesexual fans?

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
how do you attract gay/asian or even white english fans?

Surely only BHAFC fans will attend matches

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well Leeds have tried hard to attract Asian fans by playing an active role in the anti racism schemes in the city. Perhaps Brighton could try advertising at Pride and in and around gay areas. A little bit of creative advertising would do wonders...

'I love Dick' with a picture of Dick Knight ( a la the dutch supporters tops during euro 96)

Perhaps not quite as patronising but just a bit of creative marketing could do the trick.

Clubs with big ethnic areas in their catchment area try and play down the racism in their grounds so perhaps painting a picture of Brighton crowds not being homophobic might be good.

There must be ways and it seems to me that the gay population is a huge amount of people that could be tapped into.

E

enigma

No because they're scum:jester:

I don't really know how you would go about attracting gay fans to football. It would be interesting to find out what prcentage of our fans are gay. One of our ex-players was known to be gay, although I wont mention his name.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I thought we were all gay. Am I wrong?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Vlad the Impala said:
I thought we were all gay. Am I wrong?

Well the opposition think so.

We brought out a pink shirt. That's a start. :D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We should just try to create an atmosphere where everyone is totally welcome, regardless of age/sex/race or persuasion.

However if we are trying to attract the gay community and want to advertise during pride, how about a picture of DK with the strapline "If you want Dick then he wants you"...or something totally un PC

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the club need to attract all the fans they can once we get the go ahead for Falmer because they will have missed out on a good few generations of regular fans.

This means targeting everyone in the community including children, homosexuals and students.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Richie Morris said:

There must be ways and it seems to me that the gay population is a huge amount of people that could be tapped into.

We'll have none of THAT talk on here-it's a family friendly site you know!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If we get a large Gay following we'll definitely get the new stadium. The oh so interesting & cosmopolitan gay community seem to get whatever they want in this town.

Have your fruits festival on another weekend so the Albion can start the season at home for once & maybe a winning start!

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
smudge said:
If we get a large Gay following we'll definitely get the new stadium. The oh so interesting & cosmopolitan gay community seem to get whatever they want in this town.

Have your fruits festival on another weekend so the Albion can start the season at home for once & maybe a winning start!

Just out of interest, how do you know that we don't have a large gay following?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Most gays and students aren't from Brighton, are here temporarily and won't have an afinity for the football club.

In any case football is seen as too masculine and rough and I'm sure the gay population would have better things to do on Saturday afternoons, like strolls along the seafront, visits to Ikea and having bitch fights. Or something.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
palacefan4life said:
but your all gay anyway!!!!!! :lolol:

:safeway :safeway2: :safeway

That would be "you're" instead of "your" in English. :nono: :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here