Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club accept Bennett's request?

Should the club accept Bennett's transfer request?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simple really..I think they should turn it down and agree to let him leave, if he still wants to, in the summer. In the meantime knuckle the f*** down and help us get promoted :angry:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's not as if we need to cash in. If he really wants to go, he can leave in the summer. Fabregas wanted to leave Arsenal last summer, they said no and he seems to be doing alright this season.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No. He has only just recently signed a new contract, and his timing has left no time to get a replacement.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Depends entirely on whether Gus reckons he can get EB to concentrate for the rest of the season if he's not allowed to go.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm affraid yes if the price is right.He doesn't want to be here now.Tough call for Gus and Bloom.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Simple really..I think they should turn it down and agree to let him leave, if he still wants to, in the summer. In the meantime knuckle the f*** down and help us get promoted :angry:

I agree. Letting him go now doesn't give us any time to get a replacement, regardless of how much cash we get.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ask Ian Holloway. The situation mirrors Charlie Adam at Blackpool.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The fact that he's still got so long on his contract works in our favour, it means that we don't need to rush into accepting anything.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It depends on Bennett's attitude.

If Bennett has said he doesn't want to play for the club again, we should get rid.

If Bennett has said he would like the opportunity to play at a higher level, I would keep him and offer to let him go if he is still unhappy in the summer.

We simply don't known how EB has been behaving at the training ground and what he has said to the manager. It would be silly for us to second guess the best action based on less than half the evidence. Glenn Murray has handed in more transfer requests than I have hot dinners - sometimes things change over time.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Absolutely not. We aren't holding him back as a club (which is the only reason we would say yes), we don't need the cash, we do need Bennett - so sorry chum. Suck it up and we'll talk in the Summer. He's too professional to be difficult about it - he'll be in the shop window so will play his best until the end of the season, no doubt. It would be in his interest.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Murray's turn next to hand one in.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It depends on Bennett's attitude.

If Bennett has said he doesn't want to play for the club again, we should get rid.

If Bennett has said he would like the opportunity to play at a higher level, I would keep him and offer to let him go if he is still unhappy in the summer.

Why? Explain your logic please.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No.
Get us promoted and he can go in the summer (if he still wants to)
Do the job you signed a contract to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here