Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Mr Knight quit if Adams fails

If Adams fails should Knight quit

• Total voters

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
We need Dick Knight until we are settled at our new stadium. FACT!

Too right . I hope the chairman leaves the footballing side to the manager and his staff and the chairman deals with everything else which i'm sure is and has always been the case.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I think it's a fair question. I've been wholly behind DK and all he has done for the club through some of our worst times. But the treatment of Wilkins has been absolutely dire. And Adams hasn't exactly been rolling around in triumph since he left us. We had a good season last year with a good young side with a fair amount of local talent. There was also clear progress from the previous year. As DK himself knows, we are operating under severe financial constraints until Falmer comes (please God please). So to me it seemed like he has suddenly fallen into complete loopiness. If we were utterly desperate and had been relegated then maybe bringing MA back would have been a good option. This was not. DK is going mad.

Spot on. I am still struggling to understand the rationale of the decision to replace Wilkins with Adams. However, managerial appointments are not the be all and end all of a football club chairman's responsibilities. There is absolutely no doubt that Dick Knight has done a fantastic job over the past 11 years as chairman. I think the key thing will be the hand-over or transition period and I hope DK and the other board members are thinking about this, regardless of whether any new major investors come in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was as pissed off as anyone that Wilkins was sacked but we don't know the full story and I am 100% certain that the action was taken in the interests of the Albion as seen by the board.

Even if MA gets us relegated I won't be calling for DK's head as he is so much in credit with this club that I would accept that it was just another of DK's (the boards) decisions that was wrong. They ain't gonna get every call right over 11 years, but they have certainly got most right.

There are only two occasions when I didn't have confidence in the board since 1976 - the three barstewards and Bedson

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Spot on. I am still struggling to understand the rationale of the decision to replace Wilkins with Adams.

The rationale is pretty simple. Wilkins is a good coach but does not appear to be a great motivator or have good man management skills. This is what Adams brings to the table. If Wilkins stays we have the best of both worlds.

In answer to the original questions, Dick Knight has to stay at least until we have Falmer whatever happens. We cannot change chairman at this point.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its interesting that managers show no loyalty to him or he to managers!

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
But if you could vote twice, then i would have to say definately not. The fact is without him (Knight) there simply is no club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
its interesting that managers show no loyalty to him or he to managers!

That is the same at every club isn't it? Other than a few exceptions (Crewe, Man Utd, Port Vale, Arsenal).

If Knight should resign if things go tits up with the new appointment, then surely the whole board should.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would say he should stand down as soon as someone with more money who is trustworthy comes forward.

Until then we can't really afford to lose Dick whether he treatment of Wilkins was right or not.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Why on earth is this a question worth asking? If it wasn't for DK WHERE would we be? For goodness' sake....... :rolleyes:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would say he should stand down as soon as someone with more money who is trustworthy comes forward.

Until then we can't really afford to lose Dick whether he treatment of Wilkins was right or not.

Even if someone with more money came in, he might not necessarily want to be chairman. There is nothing that says the largest shareholder or benefactor has to be chairman. Even if I could put £10m into the club, I wouldn't want to be.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he should go now after the treatment of Dean Wilkins - we had a good season and he s**t on Dean - FACT

Shouldn't the whole board resign? It was a joint decision by the sound of things.

NB I was upset for Dean as he was gradually shaping things and building a decent team, but I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and his performance away from the pitch.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Shouldn't the whole board resign? It was a joint decision by the sound of things.

NB I was upset for Dean as he was gradually shaping things and building a decent team, but I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and his performance away from the pitch.

Yes but we only ever hear Dicks side and that's it - Magee was sacked and look what he has achieved at Motherwell - the trouble is in football if a player or manager gets treated like shit by a chairman/board then they are unable to bad mouth them or they will never get on at another club - Dick will always be in a WIN WIN situation - maybe one day he will have the bollocks to admit he has done plenty of things wrong over the past months - surely Ian Chapman - Dean Hammond - Bas Savage - George O'callaghan have not left the club for nothing - there must be some truth in so many people being against the way Dick runs the club

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would as I would want control over where my money is spent, as would most wealthy people unless they have too much money like Abramovich.

You would still need the approval of the board. Being Chairman doesn't mean you can do anything you want. In some companies, the chairman is lttle more than a figurehead and an MD or CEO wields much more executive power.

Not saying that is the case here, just that the title Chairman doesn't always mean absolute power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here