Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

should micky adams quit if we lose to Luton

should adams QUIT if we lose to Luton

• Total voters

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
if we lose to Luton Knights finger will start to twitch on the gun trigger

Knight and a few others in the boardroom are still fully backing Adams. However, there is a split. Half want him out half want him in. But Knight is still standing by his decision.

Call me a liar all you like, doesn't really bother me, but this is what I've heard from someone who I wouldn't have down as a stirer or an individual who finds the need to make up things to give them a greater sense of power.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Knight and a few others in the boardroom are still fully backing Adams. However, there is a split. Half want him out half want him in. But Knight is still standing by his decision.

Call me a liar all you like, doesn't really bother me, but this is what I've heard from someone who I wouldn't have down as a stirer or an individual who finds the need to make up things to give them a greater sense of power.

well if we go down then knight will find it very hard to stay as chairman

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long have you followed the Albion? I am truely shocked that you can think like that, the game is so loseable that if we win I will be shocked :lolol:

My views are based on the fact that I believe we have the players to win this game and avoid relegation provided they are left to play their way and not influenced by White and Booker and I think that this is a game in which they will not have much influence because the players want it and hopefully their passion will win through. I have not even considered that we will not win.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Do you honestly believe that?

No matter how badly Adams fails Knight won't step down as chairman.

he might have no choice if as you say half the board want him out.Knight does not have the money a few of the other board members do.Money talks

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he does quit/gets sacked who is going to come in? Wilkins get treated appalling only for the bloke who replaced him to be on his way in about 8 months, potential managers might start to think something not good about the club as a whole

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
he might have no choice if as you say half the board want him out.Knight does not have the money a few of the other board members do.Money talks

Half the board want Adams out. Not Knight out.

Perhaps he doesn't, but I don't think he'd step down over a disagreement on the decision of a manager's future when some others on the board still agree with him. It's evident Knight has a big ego; I think it would take something very sinister for him to step down as chairman before Falmer arrives.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Micky Adams shouldn't be in charge against Luton.

Quite right, We've only got this far in the competition more through luck than judgment. people on here keep talking about the great achievement of Micky Adams on the point of taking us to a wembley final when in reality we've had one good result in the whole competition and that was the 1-0 win at Northampton in the 1st game. Since then we've thrown away a 2 goal lead against Orient and scraped through on penalties, Beaten a very poor Swindon team who sacked they're manager, Then scraped a 0-0 draw against league 2 shrewsbury and beat them on penalties and had another 0-0 against another league 2 Luton at home. If by any chance we get past Luton in the 2nd leg I can see us getting stuffed in the final by a Scunthorpe team that have allready thrashed us at home once this season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If he has any respect for the fans then yes.

From a personal point of view I would be feathering my own nest if I were Adams. Three years of contract / pay off and the fact he is unlikely to be in demand at present elsewhere. I wouldn't resign in a million years.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely Adams would not have the gall to come into his office on Wednesday morning if we lose. Would he ?.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Why should he wait?... The league is far more important than this piss pot inconvenience and he's royally f***ed that up already.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're gash, but his new signings have only played two games. However, the situation is desparate so I'd say new signings need to settle in over the next 7 or 8 games or so (two months), or he should be sacked.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We're gash, but his new signings have only played two games. However, the situation is desparate so I'd say new signings need to settle in over the next 7 or 8 games or so (two months), or he should be sacked.

We will be down by then. We need someone new who can get the best from the talent we have. Dick needs to get on the phone to Paul Ince NOW.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will be down by then. We need someone new who can get the best from the talent we have. Dick needs to get on the phone to Paul Ince NOW.
Maybe, but I doubt it. At worst, we'll be in a similar position to the one we're in now.

You don't let someone spend the sort of money Adams has spent without giving him the chance to let them show their worth. If Adams was going to be sacked around this time, then the time to do was *before* the transfer window opened, IMO.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah well, its Rochdale away next season then.

Stumpy Tim

Don't buy that for a minute I'm afraid. We'll be gone if we wait. He has to go, and shouldn't be in the job at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here