• McGhee should ask London Irish for his 'expert' views on the matter

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • McGhee should piss off and find a fence to sit on

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of course he should. Mayo at least deserves his chance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
there is more chance of me starting at left back than Harding against Gillingham....fact

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i thought it said drop him the right way for option 1

which i thought sounded similar to rub you the right way by johnny gill, an rnb hit in 1990:dunce:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
When Harding mucked up for Swindon's second goal in the play-offs I thought to myself, "he'll learn from that"; but he hasn't, he was perfectly competent, as he has been most of the season, for most of the game, however at the moment he is the one Albion player most likely to f*ck up in the wrong area of the field, and this costing us games. Drop the lad for the sake of the team, make him LEARN his lesson.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The only reason to drop him would be if we seriously expect him to be leaving soon.

If he is the quality player that several managers, including Taylor, Coppell and McGhee all say he is, then we should find away to coach him out of these silly errors - and to encourage him, and give him the support and confidence that he obviously needs.

If he's going - and not trying hard enough - or just not thinking straight, then we are wasting our time and risking further results to keep playing him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bring back Kerry Mayo - runner up to player of the season at this level two years ago

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't want to get on his back but yes, he must be dropped. He's clearly "off his game". He's cost us 3 goals in the last 2 games. Nuff said.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
There may be a place for him at left midfield but at left back, sorry Dan.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mccoo rates him, premiership clubs rate him, scottish Giants rate him and he is still learning the game. Mayo is not up to this division and I don't think Jonah is either so I say stick with him. he was at fault for both goals last week and Magoo said he should have cleared it yesterday but as HB&B said, Akinbyi is built like Fraudley Harrison and could out muscle most people.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Nathan Jones will be playing the next match in Harding's position. McGhee made his views abundantly clear on the player in the post-match interview.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Brighton manager Mark McGhee on Dan Harding's defensive error
"It was a diabolical goal to give away. Dan Harding should have dealt with it. It cost us a goal.
"He's now let in three and cost us six points in our last two games and I've got to consider what to do with him now.

"I know he's a great player as he's shown with England under-21s, but he's a better one than he's showing at the moment."

Yup! COME ON!

and if he does come in, that will be some added CREATIVITY!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here