Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh how convenient just as young George us on his way to up stage her royal highness Lewis. Mix up the tyres my arse, perfectly stage managed to make it look like a cock up. But hey that's how F1 has always been. In the 60's we wore F1 socks, time to get it out again.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

As conspiracy theories go, top class work there :thumbsup:

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
As conspiracy theories go, top class work there [emoji106]
Been there got the tee shirt. There has always been pecking orders among teams. Barachello almost parked up 10 yards short of the finish line to allow Michael to win, Webber was leading comfortably until a technician flicked a switch on a control panel and poor Mark glides to a mysterious halt, suspected hydraulic failure. It may sound conspiratorial but believe me it happens has been for the decades.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh how convenient just as young George us on his way to up stage her royal highness Lewis. Mix up the tyres my arse, perfectly stage managed to make it look like a cock up. But hey that's how F1 has always been. In the 60's we wore F1 socks, time to get it out again.

:laugh:

100% if Hamilton was driving Mercs would have had a 1 - 2. He would have been further ahead, the team would have been calmer. Thats why he’s a seven time champ.

D

Deleted member 2719

He isn’t a rookie, he is finishing his second season in F1.

There will be pressure but he’s driven over 6,500 km in Merc F1 cars, he is a contracted Merc driver.

Anything can happen even when you are at the front.

:dunce:

Technically he isn't a rookie, but most in racing would call him a rookie as did Toto in the after-race interview.

Who's right Toto and Mouldy or Hampster?

Artie Fufkin has almost run that mileage this year, let's get a sense of perspective, he jumps in a brand new car to him that has been set up size wise and to suit Hamilton over years and shows to be consistently quick at practice and qualifying.

Then he absolutely dominates until Merc screw up big style.

George is a good driver he has the fastest most dominate car by a margin.

Just like I said multiple times your nothing without the car, back of the grid to front of the grid doing amazing overtakes when dropped down from pitstops.

The car is such an advantage, how many championships would hamilton have won without the merc? How many championships would merc win without Hamilton?

Who's knows exactly but I can guarantee Merc would have won most.

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]

There you go, proof of Hamilton genius. He doesn't race and Mercs fall apart, finishing 8th and 9th. The young upstart finished behind Bottas also.

I will take that as a post of agreement that perhaps you and some on here have over-hyped Hamilton, maybe because of his colour, I don't know.

I am wondering after Georges performance whether he should protect his name because he might like to start up a company making toasters or breeding dogs.

Perhaps he should take Russell Hobbs and Jack Russell owners club to court?

Not sure if he will actually because he is a different breed of animal to Hamilton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Been there got the tee shirt. There has always been pecking orders among teams. Barachello almost parked up 10 yards short of the finish line to allow Michael to win, Webber was leading comfortably until a technician flicked a switch on a control panel and poor Mark glides to a mysterious halt, suspected hydraulic failure. It may sound conspiratorial but believe me it happens has been for the decades.

you know they screwed up for Bottas too, right?

D

Deleted member 2719

"Different breed of animal...?"

I see where some of the oddballs on here could go with that line. Yes, all the usual suspects! But I know you are not one of them.

His self-obsession is different from most and that's why I find it hard to respect him as a person and have labelled him as an arse.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Technically he isn't a rookie, but most in racing would call him a rookie as did Toto in the after-race interview.

Who's right Toto and Mouldy or Hampster?

Artie Fufkin Has almost run that mileage this year, let's get a sense of perspective, he jumps in a brand new car to him that has been set up size wise and to suit Hamilton over years and shows to be consistently quick at practice and qualifying.

Then he absolutely dominates until Merc screw up big style.

George is a good driver he has the fastest most dominate car by a margin.

Just like I said multiple times your nothing without the car, back of the grid to front of the grid doing amazing overtakes when dropped down from pitstops.

The car is such an advantage, how many championships would hamilton have won without the merc? How many championships would merc win without Hamilton?

Who's knows exactly but I can guarantee Merc would have won most.

I will take that as a post of agreement that perhaps you and some on here have over-hyped Hamilton, maybe because of his colour, I don't know.

I am wondering after Georges performance whether he should protect his name because he might like to start up a company making toasters or breeding dogs.

Perhaps he should take Russell Hobbs and Jack Russell owners club to court?

Not sure if he will actually because he is a different breed of animal to Hamilton.

No Mouldy, its not technically, its factually. :wrong: Happy to see your alleged Toto quote, forgive me the skepticism given your posts on this thread.

Like i said, 100% Hamilton wins that and Bottas second, if Hamilton was racing, but the team panicked without their leader and to quote Toto, it was “a colossal **** up”. Great drivers make it look easy to those who don't understand.

I don't really see colour in everybody in that the way many seem to on here, i see fathers, sons, mothers, wife's, colleagues, friends etc. In Hamilton i see an exceptional sportsman so great amongst his peers that he’s worthy of recognition.

Anyway, given your posts on this thread my judgement is that you are either fishing, ignorant or bigoted (i really hope not worse) or to varying degrees bit of all of them. I had assumed the former but who knows. I’ll leave you to it.

D

Deleted member 2719

No Mouldy, its not technically, its factually. :wrong: Happy to see your alleged Toto quote, forgive me the skepticism given your posts on this thread.

Like i said, 100% Hamilton wins that and Bottas second, if Hamilton was racing, but the team panicked without their leader and to quote Toto, it was “a colossal **** up”. Great drivers make it look easy to those who don't understand.

I don't really see colour in everybody in that the way many seem to on here, i see fathers, sons, mothers, wife's, colleagues, friends etc. In Hamilton i see an exceptional sportsman so great amongst his peers that he’s worthy of recognition.

Anyway, given your posts on this thread my judgement is that you are either fishing, ignorant or bigoted (i really hope not worse) or to varying degrees bit of all of them. I had assumed the former but who knows. I’ll leave you to it.

Toto quote is factual. (channel 4)

You keep convincing yourself that Hamilton has not had about 5 World Championship because he was in a BEST car that was dominant. The only one I will give him proper credit for was 2018, as he had some real pressure early on in the season from Vettel.
I will reiterate, the car is a far bigger factor in Hamiltons Championships than the driver.

Of course, I will credit him with 2008, but as for Merc as a team, 2018 is the only one he had any pressure in.

Russell going from the back of the grid to front in one week is no coincidence, It's clear you do not want to see that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Toto quote is factual. (channel 4)

You keep convincing yourself that Hamilton has not had about 5 World Championship because he was in a BEST car that was dominant. The only one I will give him proper credit for was 2018, as he had some real pressure early on in the season from Vettel.
I will reiterate, the car is a far bigger factor in Hamiltons Championships than the driver.

Of course, I will credit him with 2008, but as for Merc as a team, 2018 is the only one he had any pressure in.

Russell going from the back of the grid to front in one week is no coincidence, It's clear you do not want to see that.

Russell performed impressively in practice 1 and 2, poorly in 3, well in quali and finished the race 9th. So he went from his best ever result of 12th to 9th :shrug: His time will come and elements of the weekend shows. A future superstar, but didn't deliver this time. Hamilton would have won it.

Ive have said many times the merc is the best car now. You keep forgetting Hamilton is where he is because he is the best driver. See Ronaldo at Madrid in his heyday, Messi at Barca etc.

D

Deleted member 2719

Russell performed impressively in practice 1 and 2, poorly in 3, well in quali and finished the race 9th. So he went from his best ever result of 12th to 9th :shrug: His time will come and elements of the weekend shows. A future superstar, but didn't deliver this time. Hamilton would have won it.

Ive have said many times the merc is the best car now. You keep forgetting Hamilton is where he is because he is the best driver. See Ronaldo at Madrid in his heyday, Messi at Barca etc.

Haha Hampster, I will just leave this one for good with the evidence, keep believing it and it may come true.

Santa may empty his sacks for you.........................you never know.

Attachments

• Merc.png
    Merc.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 72

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
As has been said (with many variations of it) by those that do well in life.

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”

― Thomas Jefferson

This is the mantra of many people at the top of their profession.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It seems a bit strange hamiltons young stand in jumped in the car and nearly won the race but for his own team giving him the wrong tyres.
Its quite clearly the car not the driver that's winning all these races.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here