Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is this THE famous table???

topolino9.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Er no they offered him head coach which would have made Dean White his boss.

True enough they offered him the Head Coach role, but Dean White being above him in the pecking order is not the way I read it.

Unless someone can say otherwise, to me, Assistant Manager (White's role) would be a No.3 - someone who would need to defer to both the Manager and the Head Coach.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
True enough they offered him the Head Coach role, but Dean White being above him in the pecking order is not the way I read it.

Unless someone can say otherwise, to me, Assistant Manager (White's role) would be a No.3 - someone who would need to defer to the Manager and Head Coach.

I'd love to hear all these people's Job Description on their Contract of Employment ???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Paul Rogers was offered a job at the Albion and took it.Hinshlewood did the same.Wilkins offered a different role.Oatway was offered a job for life.
How many roles are there?
To many chiefs ..........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Paul Rogers was offered a job at the Albion and took it.Hinshlewood did the same.Wilkins offered a different role.Oatway was offered a job for life.
How many roles are there?
To many chiefs ..........

All of those you mentioned are in different jobs within the club and all operate in different areas of the set-up.

Rogers is in marketing. Hinshelwood is Director of Football, coming from another job within the club, for which he'd had another job before that (though can't remember what it was). Wilkins was promoted from within the club from a non-paying role he already had. Oatway's role is part-time, and to do with the Community programme.

The fact they're ex-players is not the central point.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
All of those you mentioned are in different jobs within the club and all operate in different areas of the set-up.

Rogers is in marketing. Hinshelwood is Director of Football, coming from another job within the club, for which he'd had another job before that (though can't remember what it was). Wilkins was promoted from within the club from a non-paying role he already had. Oatway's role is part-time, and to do with the Community programme.

The fact they're ex-players is not the central point.

I know what you are saying, but it just feels that the club are doing it for semimetal reasons because they are ex players.There must be more qualified people out there? Did Rogers have marketing experience before? Can't see it as he has been a pro footballer most of his life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does anybody know what Hinshelwood actually does that is different from anything any other three overlapping appointments does? Or is he just Youth Team coach again?

I tell's thee, frst person to take control after Dick Knight will just SWEEP ALL OF THESE PEOPLE OFF THE PAYROLL ON DAY ONE.

Looking forward to it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know what you are saying, but it just feels that the club are doing it for semimetal reasons because they are ex players.There must be more qualified people out there? Did Rogers have marketing experience before? Can't see it as he has been a pro footballer most of his life.

He did. He worked in the City as well.

Didn't turn professional as a footballer until he was about 22.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paul Rogers was offered a job at the Albion and took it.

Can't speak for the rest of the people on your post, but Dodge took a commercial - as opposed to footballing - role at the club and is a class act in that role IMHO. The guy's a GENTLEMAN and is damn good at what he does :clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ok fair enough

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Does anybody know what Hinshelwood actually does that is different from anything any other three overlapping appointments does? Or is he just Youth Team coach again?

I tell's thee, frst person to take control after Dick Knight will just SWEEP ALL OF THESE PEOPLE OFF THE PAYROLL ON DAY ONE.

Looking forward to it.

From what I've been told, Martin Hinshelwood's role is pretty vital.

What I've heard directly is that he is the one who is responsible for the smooth running of the youth team and academy. He is the one who, after someone has been invited into the set-up, will be a kind of family liaison, talking to the families about what their kids joining the Albion means, safeguards, security, PNCs, legal stuff. I think it might be the case that he identifies the people to work with the kids for the club, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

While it's Vic Bragg's role to coach the Youth set-up, Martin works in the background (not sure if he also takes coaching) to ensure a smooth running of the system.

He is also a kind of overseeing players going between academy, youth, reserve and professional set-ups. He also undertakes scouting duties.

And that, as I understand it, is only part of what he does.

I've heard this in bits and pieces, and doubtless a role does change and evolve, but Martin Hinsehelwood is an important part of the Albion set-up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From what I've been told, Martin Hinshelwood's role is pretty vital.

What I've heard directly is that he is the one who is responsible for the smooth running of the youth team and academy. He is the one who, after someone has been invited into the set-up, will be a kind of family liaison, talking to the families about what their kids joining the Albion means, safeguards, security, PNCs, legal stuff. I think it might be the case that he identifies the people to work with the kids for the club, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

While it's Vic Bragg's role to coach the Youth set-up, Martin works in the background (not sure if he also takes coaching) to ensure a smooth running of the system.

He is also a kind of overseeing players going between academy, youth and professional set-ups. He also undertakes scouting duties.

And that, as I understand it, is only part of what he does.

Thanks.

Maybe the club should make more of that sort of information more publicly available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here