Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

should knight offer adams a director of football role

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No just a proper coach to work under Adams instead of Booker and White. In all management positions either the manager sorts out those under him him are underperforming, if that is the case or the top boys sort out the manager and this is the ulktimatum that should be given to MA.

As the owner of my pub in Midhurst told me after my very first stocktake for him when the result was bad either you sort it or I do and I start at the top. I sorted it out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ditch White, get someone who knows what he is doing at this level and has the respect of the players. Booker and White are too similar.

DK move further upstairs! President would suit him well. Resign before the fans really turn.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why would you think Adams will make a good "director of football" ?

Personally, no. This would just be a case of rewarding failure, or promoting someone out of trouble, and neither make sense in any business environment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, he needs to back him or sack him, no compromises.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And bring in a new manager with micky adams moving upstairs

Upstairs? I'd rather he went out of the door. We don't owe Mickey anything.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
If Knight had offered Wilkins the assistant managers job and got rid of white we would not be in this mess.

Wilkins is by far a better coach than anyone we have now.

DK could perhaps save the situation by employing a new coach who then should be given total authority in training.

Actually f**k it...........sack adams and get Stuart Pearce in !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Er... the club did offer Wilkins that role.

But according to 'people in the know' the offer was so loaded that he was bound to refuse it. However, what is done is done we must now make the best of what we have and that means either keeping MA and if needed bring in an outside coach completely fresh of Mickeys choice, which he did with BB, but that appears not to have worked, or sack him and start again. I belive that we have to stick with him, give him the resources to do his job properly, ie the new players he wants and any additional or supplementary coaching staff and then reassess the situation before the transfer deadline in March. If we are still in trouble then make a decision if not carry on at least for this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But according to 'people in the know' the offer was so loaded that he was bound to refuse it. However, what is done is done we must now make the best of what we have and that means either keeping MA and if needed bring in an outside coach completely fresh of Mickeys choice, which he did with BB, but that appears not to have worked, or sack him and start again. I belive that we have to stick with him, give him the resources to do his job properly, ie the new players he wants and any additional or supplementary coaching staff and then reassess the situation before the transfer deadline in March. If we are still in trouble then make a decision if not carry on at least for this season.

Would anyone really trust Adams' judgement in terms of getting the players that we need to progress in Lg 1 and beyond? I'm far from certain that I do. I'm still not convinced that he knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would anyone really trust Adams' judgement in terms of getting the players that we need to progress in Lg 1 and beyond? I'm far from certain that I do. I'm still far from convinced that he knows what he is doing.

If you look at most of the good players he brought in before - Oatway, Freeman, Chippy, Watson, Brooker, Morgan, Cullip etc he knew them from the Fulham team that got promoted - he didnt really un earth any gems with the exception of Kuipers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
MA apparently got the job first time around because he told DK hat we needed a complete clear out and DK agreed. Who knows what was said on this occasion. It appears that he likes to make a clean sweep of things and start all over again but whether or not that was required this time is debatable. I have confidence that he knows what type of player he wants to bring in and would do so given the funds but I am not so convinced of his management/backroom staff but then again I am not privy to all that goes on at the training ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here