Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Jake be given a run out tomorrow ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
20 or 25 from the bench if all is going to plan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Other than enforced changes like CMS I'd start with the same team that finished Saturday's match. That assist from Noone right at the end for the goal was the best bit of skill all game.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I dont agree about Dicker, I thought he had a shocker. He was one of my favourite players last season because he dictates the start of a lot of our attacking play. However, if he thinks he can get away with dwelling on the ball in the centre circle like he did last season he is in for a nasty shock!

I was a little dissapointed by Bridcutt too, only because he has set his standards so high recently.

I agree about Dicker. One of the key reasons we didn't settle in the first half was that he was off the pace and Bridcutt also started uncertainly. I thought Bridcutt improved as the game went on but certaibly not one of Dicker's better games.

If we're going to change anything, I think giving the two youngsters a run out in the middle of the park would be well worth trying.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wonder if Forster-Caskey will be left out because of his long summer at the U-19 World Cup. I believe he only began his pre-season last week (maybe the week before).

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I really think that Caskey could challenge for a starting place in the league, in the games I have seen him he is assured and rarely loses possession, I think he could play in a more forward playmaker role. It did not look like our midfield could play the clever pass which rovers did on several occassions in the first half.

If your good enough your old enough, I am not sure that Gus agrees with this adage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Aren't there still 7 on the bench allowed for League Cup games? If so, then Caskey could come on during the second half.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thought caskey done brilliant against stoke in the cup and he certainly should get more mins,dicker and sparrow could be the weak links this season although i hope im wrong.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Vincelot also.

Hopefully Richard "Simon Jordan hair" Reynolds will have learned to pronounce his name by tomorrow then.

It's "vans-uh-low", you BENNY, not "vince-a-lot".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's a relief, saw the thread title and had a nightmare that Robinson was back.

Don't panic: if it'd been him, he'd have been referred to as "Jakey", in that ever-so-slightly-lame way some of the men on here used to brand a fellow grown man.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
To me it looks like the perfect opportunity to give him a run out, surrounded by one or two more senior players.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
This is just the sort of game to give him more first team experience & a taste of the Amex atmosphere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Back to football seems Jake Caskey will not be involved tonight

Twitter

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Back to football seems Jake Caskey will not be involved tonight

Twitter

If that is the case this is a real shame, the lad did well against stoke - I do not know what sort of contract he has but we may lose him at this rate.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I would rest the defensive Bridcutt for next game as we know he's good enough, and play Dicker for confidence boost against 'lesser' opposition alongside JFC. Vincelot on bench as is our only cover in defense and has to be 100% fit if forced to come on and fill in at the back. Midfield bench would be Kasim and one other probably one of the 3 wingers rather than Smith or Sparrow. I would keep Lua Lua back to impact from the bench and reward Noone and Buckley with starts.

Hope Hoskins is fit to play, Barnes and Bergkamp to be the partner and bench but not sure which be which.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here