Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Jake be given a run out tomorrow ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Looking at dicker and sparrow on saturday surely caskey must be given a start tomorrow ?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Absolutely. He is one who is really going to suffer in his development with the 5 subs ruling - so needs a chance to show what he can do on the pitch.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He should be on the bench at least and I expect he will be. But I'd be a bit surprised if he starts.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Absolutely YES. This is exactly the sort of game he should be playing in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet has said today that there will only be 2 or 3 changes, and given that CMS is away on haggis duty, one will be a striker.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I agree that Caskey should get a run out if we are playing a different team, but personally didn't think Dicker (apart from losing the ball for their goal) or Sparrow really played particularly badly on Saturday, which you are implying.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
yasir kasim will start tomorrow. Gus likes this kid a lot. Noone to get a start. Vincelot also.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Yes, but not because of how Sparrow and Dicker played on Saturday, because he pretty much deserves it and needs the match time.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I agree that Caskey should get a run out if we are playing a different team, but personally didn't think Dicker (apart from losing the ball for their goal) or Sparrow really played particularly badly on Saturday, which you are implying.

I dont agree about Dicker, I thought he had a shocker. He was one of my favourite players last season because he dictates the start of a lot of our attacking play. However, if he thinks he can get away with dwelling on the ball in the centre circle like he did last season he is in for a nasty shock!

I was a little dissapointed by Bridcutt too, only because he has set his standards so high recently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally yes, otherwise he may as well leave in my opinion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd like to see him given a go, even if it is a sub. I expect Hoskins, Buckley and Vincelot to be the 2 or 3 changes in the starting lineup though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
er, hello?

If people think that Bridcutt, Sparrow or Dicker struggled a bit on Saturday, then all the MORE reason to play them all tomorrow. We need them all firing properly a.s.a.p.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
er, hello?

If people think that Bridcutt, Sparrow or Dicker struggled a bit on Saturday, then all the MORE reason to play them all tomorrow. We need them all firing properly a.s.a.p.

Very true but I think that Buckley will replace either Sparrow or Dicker and Vincelot will replace either the other or possibly Calderon at right back. If Hoskins is fit I would like to see him up front either with or instead of CMS if he is away with Scotland. I think that a possible other change could be a straight swap Noone for Lua Lua. That does however make more changes than Gus has indicated will happen.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Agreed.

They seemed to be 2 of only a handful that managed to keep their cool as well.

Dicker has a solid game and looks like a comfortable championship player. Sparrow seemed to be placed out wide which isn't his strongest position IMO.

I think people are being too harsh on Dicker in particular.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
er, hello?

Yep, fair point(s) there hans. It'll be interesting to see who gets Poyet's nod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here