Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should have waited

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Has anybody noticed that it's pissing hard with rain.
Snow is dissapearing fast & still 14 hours until the game was suppose to kick off.
If the pitch is waterlogged fair enough but I don't think that was the reason why the game has been called off 27 hours before kick off.did they not check the weather forecast.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Has anybody noticed that it's pissing hard with rain.
Snow is dissapearing fast & still 14 hours until the game was suppose to kick off.
If the pitch is waterlogged fair enough but I don't think that was the reason why the game has been called off 27 hours before kick off.did they not check the weather forecast.

No I doubt they did check the weather forecast mate - what do you think they are, professional groundsmen or something?

Have you actually read the official reports? The pitch may end up as playable but it has been called off more for safety reasons around the ground than anything else.

However, I am pleased you are able to boast basic arithmetic to your incredible Met Office-type observations. This bodes well for your forthcoming GCSE exams.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
No I doubt they did check the weather forecast mate - what do you think they are, professional groundsmen or something?

Have you actually read the official reports? The pitch may end up as playable but it has been called off more for safety reasons around the ground than anything else.

However, I am pleased you are able to boast basic arithmetic to your incredible Met Office-type observations. This bodes well for your forthcoming GCSE exams.

Your first post i can remember seeing, guessing your others were as memorable and as witty as this one. And it makes you come across as a complete and utter twat. Congratulations!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Your first post i can remember seeing, guessing your others were as memorable and as witty as this one. And it makes you come across as a complete and utter twat. Congratulations!

You remember my first ever post?! Wow I am gushing with pride!!

Thanks for the congratulations too - do I win a prize?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
You remember my first ever post?! Wow I am gushing with pride!!

Thanks for the congratulations too - do I win a prize?

Preferably the ability to stop acting like a ᴄunt, but i fear that even with that ability you would still choose to act like a ᴄunt and thus making yourself an even bigger ᴄunt!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Have you actually read the official reports? The pitch may end up as playable but it has been called off more for safety reasons around the ground than anything

Surely if the ground thaws out then maybe just maybe the surrounding
Areas will thaw out.
Six hours a go my street was covered in snow now it's totally gone

That is my reasons you twat

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Surely if the ground thaws out then maybe just maybe the surrounding
Areas will thaw out.
Six hours a go my street was covered in snow now it's totally gone

That is my reasons you twat

Six hours and gone?!

So is there a possibility the game could be played a couple of streets down from you?

Have you alerted the groundstaff to this magic melting secret?

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Preferably the ability to stop acting like a ᴄunt, but i fear that even with that ability you would still choose to act like a ᴄunt and thus making yourself an even bigger ᴄunt!

Mum, is that you?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The game could & should be played at with dean
I except that a lot of things need to be considered but surely the
Fact that our opponents did not have to travel a million miles
A decision on the game could have been made at a later date.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
The game could & should be played at with dean
I except that a lot of things need to be considered but surely the
Fact that our opponents did not have to travel a million miles
A decision on the game could have been made at a later date.

I agree mate, it could well have been good enough to play later. Unfortunately though in this namby pamby society, games are called off for reasons other than the pitch condition (ooh, someone might slip over on the pavement outside!).

To be fair it's all very well sitting there saying 'it's raining now!', but I don't think the guy had much choice yesterday, regardless of how far the opposition are travelling.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Although it's been pouring down here here there snow has not gone and the ground underneath is still rock hard. I'd rather have a game postponed than have a player injured. Given that few seats at Withdean are covered I would suspect that they're not very safe either.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Have to agree, even if your last paragraph was a little unnecessary.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Although it's been pouring down here here there snow has not gone and the ground underneath is still rock hard. I'd rather have a game postponed than have a player injured. Given that few seats at Withdean are covered I would suspect that they're not very safe either.

What a load of tosh
If the ground is unfit fair enough.
I risk my life every home match getting from withdean to Preston park station

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
From the club website - "Local Football League official Harry Lennard carried out a pitch inspection at 11am this morning along with club safety officials, and a unanimous decision was reached to call the game off.

Albion's groundsmen are confident the pitch would have been playable, but the areas surrounding Withdean remain treacherous and there are also large amounts of snow in the stands and crowd access areas.

Weather reports also predict further freezing conditions overnight, and dangerous ice tomorrow morning.

Lennard told seagulls.co.uk, "With a bit of hard work there is every chance that the pitch would be playable but you have got to take into consideration the surrounding areas - in particular the roads, pathways and walkways."

It does seem the decision was premature because the ice is disappearing faster than the Aussies chances of winning The Ashes. The BBC website has been predicting 9 degrees and wet for today all week. They got it spot on. I guess the only other issue is the weather in Colchester. If it's still snowy up there they could have had problems travelling down.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
28 hours actually :blush:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Basically the pitch maybe playable by the early afternoon meaning that if it went ahead it would be played behind closed doors with no spectators at Withdean. I would rather wait for the rescheduled game to pick up the 3 points.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I also want the team to be in tip top condition, and as prepared as poss. Think they have only had 2 brief training sessions all week.

Its fine for those living close by, but for those of us out of county (and away fans), its much fairer to call it off early than have a last minute change of heart.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What a load of tosh
If the ground is unfit fair enough.
I risk my life every home match getting from withdean to Preston park station

Oh dear, yet another NSC 'expert'. So I suppose you know better than the professional ground staff ? Of course you should be picking the team as well. While you're at it I'm sure Tony Bloom would appreciate your financial advice as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here