Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should England players walk off if racist chants kick off in these next two matches?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Rather than create a new thread.. I see there was another incident where a black player was racially abused. This one was interesting. The player tried to leave the field and his trm mates and seemingly coaching staff seem to try and stop him. #Together NOT

[tweet]1229135001050058752[/tweet]

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't reflect well on his team-mates. Wouldn't be surprised if he's wanting to engineer a move in the summer - err ...... is he any good, could do a job?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doesn't reflect well on his team-mates. Wouldn't be surprised if he's wanting to engineer a move in the summer - err ...... is he any good, could do a job?

It does a lot of provide a glimpse into how racism is viewed in different countries. Clearly in a few (?) places the clubs, local FAs are only paying lip service to the 'guidance' coming from EUFA / FIFA on racism in football. This shows that deep down many players don't understand how pernicious racism and more importantly, not dealing with it when it arises is to the game and the players affected.

If I were him, I'd certainly be having 2nd thoughts about staying there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rather than create a new thread.. I see there was another incident where a black player was racially abused. This one was interesting. The player tried to leave the field and his trm mates and seemingly coaching staff seem to try and stop him. #Together NOT

[tweet]1229135001050058752[/tweet]

I'd like to think, his team-mates (rightly or wrongly) are taking the attitude of "Don't let them win", rather than "Ignore it and man up, mate".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd like to think, his team-mates (rightly or wrongly) are taking the attitude of "Don't let them win", rather than "Ignore it and man up, mate".

That’s what I thought but the reports seem to be suggesting otherwise.

I also read a story about a a German game, same thing, racist abuse to a black player, he took it up with the officials who ejected the person giving the abuse to the applause from the fans (both sets) then the entire crow started chanting ‘Nazis Out’

https://www.indy100.com/article/football-racism-leroy-kwadwo-nazis-out-germany-9338811

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That’s what I thought but the reports seem to be suggesting otherwise.

I also read a story about a a German game, same thing, racist abuse to a black player, he took it up with the officials who ejected the person giving the abuse to the applause from the fans (both sets) then the entire crow started chanting ‘Nazis Out’

https://www.indy100.com/article/football-racism-leroy-kwadwo-nazis-out-germany-9338811

And a player from the opposition team came over the gave the abused player a hug.

Everything about THIS story (after the abuse) shows how to deal with it:

1. The fans identified the abusers - and he was ejected (I hope the police got him).
2. The players were sympathetic and supportive of the abused player.
3. A opposition player made the brilliant gesture I mentioned above.
4. The fans sang 'Nazis Out'.

Quite a contrast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here