Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Crawley Town Be The New Rivals of Brighton?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So to end it i started this post just out of interest and to have a laugh just completely random as well but I don't need wankers like you to just be so f***ing anal about things and to be pollitically correct i dont give a f*** what you think but if you dont like it f*** off its only a joke you soppy twat!

and breathe out.......Christ I've read some long, unintelligible sentences in my time, but this takes the biscuit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's always amusing when people think it's being politically (or "pollitically") correct to object to branding all Asians as drug dealers or all women as illiterate single mothers. Or "f***ing anal".

When it's neither.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Crawley? not close enough for me, I'd rather have Southwick fc as our new rivals. They're scum, Southwick is like walking into Sweden, all the girls are blonde and they say things like "have you got the time?" and "do you know where the nearest post office is?". All the men are gun dealers and say things like "alright mate hows it going? or "hello". the place is a small town in Fishergate but yet Southwick football club for me is scum of the universe. I hate the club, hate their arrogant fans, hate all their fans, hate the way they're now thinking they're the big team in Brighton, hate the place. Brightons second/joint main rivalry for me! (3rd MUFC!)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this the Sweeping Generalisation thread of the week? :ohmy:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Southwick? Sod that. I'd rather have Withdean 2000 FC as rivals. They are the real scum. It is like walking into a remake of Cocoon only with less frivolities, but more swimming pools. When the curtains aren't twitching, you will find the scumbags wielding a trowl or a hoe. The splitters spending their pensions on a fresh batch of Dahlias or an Occado delivery or a jaunt to Brittany for a wine tasting weekend.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
tl;dr

what an absurd idea
i'm sure we consider them a kind of squirty upstart rival and particularly so if they make the football league

but 'new rival'? the sentiment puts me in mind of little girls swapping best friends each week.

boring post whoring.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Southwick? Sod that. I'd rather have Withdean 2000 FC as rivals. They are the real scum. It is like walking into a remake of Cocoon only with less frivolities, but more swimming pools. When the curtains aren't twitching, you will find the scumbags wielding a trowl or a hoe. The splitters spending their pensions on a fresh batch of Dahlias or an Occado delivery or a jaunt to Brittany for a wine tasting weekend.

Sorry if I'm being all technical and politically correct but isn't that a bit racsist? you soppy twat!

Fred Binney

Nov 11, 2009
The answer is Yes - Eventually

The answer is Yes eventually- when Crawley pass Crystal pathetic in the league tables . By my reckoning this will be the first day of the 2012-2013season . Once CP are non -league they will be a distant fading memory. Crawley will likely become a BHA reserve side/feeder club with squad players on loan.( closer that Orient !)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If they get into the League they WILL become our rivals whether people like it or not. They're going to want their fair share of media coverage for a start. Will we happily share the Sussex media with them? (remembering how much we complain that the media is biased in favour of big clubs) Or will we resent the fact that the noisy little upstarts also want a place in the sun?

The rivalry will be low-key and sneeringly patronising at first but if we get into the Championship and struggle and Crawley get into League Two and do well ...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
no need to get technical surely you have the common sense to know what i mean lol its basically like walking into asia when u go there and no im no racist

Some of the shit on here about Crawley makes me die, have you recently visited Whitehawk, Mouslecomb, Crawley is a f***ing lovelly place compared to those shit holes, yer we have our fair share of Asain familys, and one area which is full of inbread wankers who just want to fight, but so does everywhere, the rest of the place is ok and I personnally know about 30 fellow Seagull Supporters, Crawley will never be a rival to Brighton, for some silly reason there rival is Aldershot?? Cant get my head round that one, but watch out for Crawley as they have plenty of dosh, in fact a massive amount of dosh spare, absoluty no debt and about to pocket £1.5m on Saturday on top of the 600k already got, a cracking chairman who like Mr Bloom has the club at heart and been a supporter all his life and they will win the league this year and based upon the squad he has and potentially will have come next season, will probably walk league 2 next year as well. I agree there are lots of "fans" who have jumped on the band wagon on this cup run, but fair play to them, 9200 going to Old trafford on Saturday thats a great effort, and if that was Brighton on Sat going to Old trafford we would have loads of fans on the band wagon as well, I for one will be at the Stoke game cheering on the number 1 side in Sussex, but number 2 side are closing in fast........and having loads of Asians in Crawley has its benefits, there are some cracking Indian restuarants!! hopefully a Sussex double come Sat night!!

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
You can buy success but you can't buy history and those who have bought success recently in the lower leagues eventually give up the ghost and the club falls back to their traditional place in the football ladder.
Rushden were recently the best team in Northampton in L1 but ask any Cobbler and the big game was and still is beating The Posh; eventually Dr Marten's funding dried up and Rushden are back in the Conference. The same will happen with Crawley in a few years time.

As for Palace, when I first started watching the Dolphins our big rivals were Pompey but we now have nearly 40 years of history of Eagles and Seagulls and most people here will know nothing else than this rivalry.

As for Mr Bloom, well we are buying success with the Stadium,thank you Mr Bloom for your gift; crowds of 20,000 next year will put us in the top 10 of revenue generators in the Championship giving Gus the wages budget appropriate for a good run at the Premiership and we will all enjoy the ride on the Gus bus, long may it last....
but at some point the wheels will come off and in the 45 years of watching the Albion our history is more "Division 3" than the higher echelons.

The point is , if there is one, celebrate the current success but being an Albion fan means we can also handle disappointment.

Cue big moans from gooners tomorrow!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't help but follow Crawley's results. There's part of me that wants them to go up for no other reasons than a) They're in Sussex and b) It would be interesting to see how far they could go.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Wrong, their rivals are Dover, which is even harder to get your head round !!

Your right, I not even going to bother to try and get my head round that one!!! with regards to Aldershot, its was always the fixture which had trouble so assummed it was a rival, but hey who cares, my point was merly that Brighton and Crawley are not yet rivals, but for the good of Sussex Football it will be great to have two league sides, one in the championship and one in League 2, but both on the way up, you never know, next year in the Paint Cup we may well just have the start of the "new" rivalry!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Obviously, they will never really be a main rival and to be honest I care more about our 3 fellow South Coast rivals than I ever will about Crawley. Yes, I know the Palace rivalry was a new one at some stage but as someone has already pointed out, we now have 40 years of bitterness with them and will always be top of the hate charts for evermore...This is further highlighted that whilst we have spent a large chunk of the past 20 years messing about in the lower divisions Palace still see us no.1 enemies.

Do not get me wrong, I would rather they stayed non-league as I enjoy being the only League club in Sussex but, as with all Sussex teams I wish them well in the FA Cup. Also, I hope that if we go up this season we will not be returning to the bottom 2 divisions for a very, very long time and if we ever do Crawley would have long slipped back down the football pyramid.

So, for me they can chant "we hate Brighton" as much as they like as I am not bothered so they might as well sing these songs at the nearest wall for all I care.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here