Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Chris Wood go....

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
With Adgestein banging them in for the reserves and apparently on the brink of making it into the full squad, perhaps Woods' call up would be a good time to test him out for half a game? Start with Barnes and Murray, then pull Barnes off when he's about to start a fight and put Adgestein on and see how he does. We've got enough cover for Woods to last a game or two without him and let's be honest, from his point of view, he'll be playing for his country. Friendly or no friendly, it's still a call up and if it was me, there's no way I'd want to turn it down.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With Adgestein banging them in for the reserves and apparently on the brink of making it into the full squad, perhaps Woods' call up would be a good time to test him out for half a game? Start with Barnes and Murray, then pull Barnes off when he's about to start a fight and put Adgestein on and see how he does. We've got enough cover for Woods to last a game or two without him and let's be honest, from his point of view, he'll be playing for his country. Friendly or no friendly, it's still a call up and if it was me, there's no way I'd want to turn it down.
Only Gus really knows about the Norwegian kid, but we've got Barnes and Sandaza so I agree we shoudln't stand in Wood's way if he wants to go to these games.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Out of interest, how do you know we pay him?

We must be at least contributing to his wages, no? Maybe not enough to call the shots over his international duty - going by what I know of West Brom i doubt they give a flying f either way.

For what it's worth, i'd prefer him to stay with us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He should be allowed to go however as he's not our player I doubt that we have much say in it anyway.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Of course he should go if selected for the final 22. Brighton are fortunately (at time of posting) a club player-rich at the moment. As others have previously posted - it would be an opportunity for Sandaza or Adgestein. I'd still love him to be available though, but he sounds as if his country means a lot to him in these cynical times of players dropping out of representing their country.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
In the circumstances, football isnt too high on the Japanese wish list at the moment......Doubt very much that the game will go ahead as ALL league matches have been cancelled in March , so its unlikely to be a problem for us !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Woody should be allowed to go , if he gets injured whilst on international duty West Brom will be compensated by the NZ FA and not us.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Actually the game might not be so unimportant to japan.

"During the war...." such things as football, cinema & theatres were all stopped because 'there were more important things to do' and also safety fears for large gatherings. However, it was soon found that people needed the moral boost that these events game.

NZ & Japan are bonded by tradegy (never could spell it) and a football match is an ideal way to show they are not beaten, life goes on. Also, think of the fundraising opportunities and interest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should definitely we go, we have back up

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Playing for your country should be one of the finest accolades a player gets so yes, definately he goes, that is, if its our decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here