Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shots on Target

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spurs, one of the most potent attacking forces in the Premier League, had 3. Three. And one of those was a penalty that was soft at best.

It was a really decent Albion performance today who, for much of the game, made Spurs look very ordinary indeed.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Spurs, one of the most potent attacking forces in the Premier League, had 3. Three. And one of those was a penalty that was soft at best.

It was a really decent Albion performance today who, for much of the game, made Spurs look very ordinary indeed.

Blimey [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seconded and confirmed.
Its a shame a few cannot see through the dampness on here :thumbsup:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I agree completely, but I'm bored of reading these type of comments when ultimately we've come away with nothing again. God I hope we turn over a few teams soon to raise my mojo again!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Blimey [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seconded and confirmed.
Its a shame a few cannot see through the dampness on here :thumbsup:

Admittedly I’ve not been actively searching for any negativity on here tonight so it could very well be hiding in plain sight, but are people really saying anything other than it’s another decent enough performance but ultimately no points gained?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
But it is the truth, we have to be more clinical with our chances, that's why we get punished.

Sorry to be cynical but that is pretty obvious.

We have the players to a degree but they are so insecure they don't even shoot.

Maupay and March to name a few. (see what i did there).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tonight just 2.
I am not slagging off the team or management at all. But come on saying we are unlucky all the time etc. Yes we play nice looking stuff but we are not scoring the goals or looking like we will.

Tonight 2 shots on target and people on here saying we deserved a draw. The team selection tonight was typical Potter but not playing any strikers is madness.

I hope of course I am proved wrong and a bed wetter but I think this season is heading in a very worrying direction. But hey ho Burnley next week so fingers crossed.

Agree with most of your points except the draw bit - spurs had similar shots! Neither keeper made any saves of note! So yes, we def deserved a draw and were possibly good for more. Fine margins. But yes, we need to shoot more and create more - that’s the clear issue. I also didn’t like the no strikers thing, but we managed the game well - Maupay instead of Trossard or even Welbeck and we’d have looked more dangerous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yet still this place has moaners shouting loudest, basking in another defeat and yet when we win don’t post a thing!

Our time will come - we’re due a massive change of luck.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree completely, but I'm bored of reading these type of comments when ultimately we've come away with nothing again. God I hope we turn over a few teams soon to raise my mojo again!

Oh look, I absolutely get that, but I don't see this as a typical hard-luck-story from us. I feared a battering today, particularly after I saw the starting XI and the bench.

This wasn't a tale of possessional dominance, a zillion chances created, somewhat fewer being on target and a meagre return from our bright play.

We made an outstanding attacking force look all but impotent whilst being bright with the ball ourselves.

But...

- We should have beaten West Brom, Palace and Man Utd.
- We should have picked up a point from Spurs and, possibly, Chelsea.
- We could have picked up a point at Everton.

To have two points from those six games is a very, very poor return.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm still clinging (perhaps in vain) to the belief that this Albion side will pick up more points from the bottom 8 than we did last year. If we can play like we have against Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs, we should be able to put away the lower sides more often.

I think we've stepped up a level in performance from last season, but the results will need to start matching that belief.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Bored with reading these type of comments when we played like this away at one of the big sides? When was the last time we played like that away at one of the big sides?

Arsenal a year ago? but we won that one. Leicester in lock down maybe? Liverpool a year back? I don't think it's happened often enough for you to be 'bored' of it

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I'm still clinging (perhaps in vain) to the belief that this Albion side will pick up more points from the bottom 8 than we did last year. If we can play like we have against Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs, we should be able to put away the lower sides more often.

I think we've stepped up a level in performance from last season, but the results will need to start matching that belief.

You do know we're unbeaten in games against sides not expected to be top 8?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Oh look, I absolutely get that, but I don't see this as a typical hard-luck-story from us. I feared a battering today, particularly after I saw the starting XI and the bench.

This wasn't a tale of possessional dominance, a zillion chances created, somewhat fewer being on target and a meagre return from our bright play.

We made an outstanding attacking force look all but impotent whilst being bright with the ball ourselves.

But...

- We should have beaten West Brom, Palace and Man Utd.
- We should have picked up a point from Spurs and, possibly, Chelsea.
- We could have picked up a point at Everton.

To have two points from those six games is a very, very poor return.

'Should'? If we'd have picked up all those 'should' points we'd be second in the league. Add in the 'could' points we'd be a mere point off Liverpool.

So yes, the return could be better, and I guess it means we're not likely to get champions league this season, which is a shame. Maybe next year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
'Should'? If we'd have picked up all those 'should' points we'd be second in the league. Add in the 'could' points we'd be a mere point off Liverpool.

So yes, the return could be better, and I guess it means we're not likely to get champions league this season, which is a shame. Maybe next year.

There are two responses to this.

1. Yes. If you look at each of those games in isolation, based on how each game played out, I believe we should have the results I stated.

2. No. It is unrealistic to believe you will get "what you deserve" from each and every game.

So, attempting to find a a reasonable statement from this: I think we have been a lot better than our 5 point return suggests.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You do know we're unbeaten in games against sides not expected to be top 8?

Small data set so far.

However, yes I’m still clinging to this theory and hope it bears out.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
There are two responses to this.

1. Yes. If you look at each of those games in isolation, based on how each game played out, I believe we should have the results I stated.

2. No. It is unrealistic to believe you will get "what you deserve" from each game.

So, attempting to find a a reasonable statement from this: I think we have been a lot better than our 5 point return suggests.

We have. And I'd much rather that than our 5 points being exactly what we deserved :thumbsup:

Although we did only deserve the 1 point against WBA, mind. They played well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Much discussion about our attack here, but the defence is also a major concern.

There’s little to be excited about in restricting opposition teams to a handful of chances, when without fail, some of those chances are converted into result affecting goals against.

A clean sheet or two or three would be most welcome, and take the pressure off of us having to score two or three goals to win.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Small data set so far.

However, yes I’m still clinging to this theory and hope it bears out.
This is where I am at too. Spurs away is still a free hit for me. We look like a better team than last year.

Question is, will this turn into points against our direct opponents?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here