Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short-term memory problems

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Does anyone else have difficulties remembering tasks they've done or have to do? By this I mean putting washing on, setting an alarm clock, not remembering putting things in the shopping trolley (and having to check again), getting to the top of the stairs and forgetting what I've come up for, leaving mobile phone in the pub or bookies, not remembering people's names I've just met, the list is endless.....

Reason for this thread is that I made a f***-up at work and it nearly cost me my job by not locking up properly which has got me on edge now. Last chance and all that. I'm only in my early thirties and both my parents have excellent short-term memories but I'm obviously getting a bit concerned. My long-term memory is great; remembering past dates of good football matches, birthdays etc.

Are there any easy solutions? Writing things down I have to do would be a start I guess.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
One of the worst things about having short term memory loss is that sometimes you forget to finish your sente

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Apparently studies have shown smoking weed causes short term memory loss......

Next they will be saying that smoking weed causes short term memory loss.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Less of the drugs man.

My short term memory is shot to shit and I need reminders for EVERYTHING. Sometimes I need to set my phone to go off just to remind me to set another reminder for something else.

It's all about the reminders. Sync your computer, online and phone calendars and have a to-do list that you actually take notice of.

Evernote is a great app for your computer and your phone which really helps with organising yourself with reminders and that

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What was the question again?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yeah, I used to smoke weed when I was younger but I've stopped everything illicit now and it seems to have got worse this year. I've no probs sleeping.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It would be F'in brilliant if we signed a striker like CMS - shame he's gone to leicester

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Go and see your GP and tell them about your concerns with examples where you can. They will probably try to fob you off but be persistant and explain that your job is at risk. There is a very simple short test they can carry out to test for potential memory loss. Ask for an appointment specifically to be tested. Your GP can conduct the test but if they are reluctant ask for a referal to a psychiatrist.

There is, in reality, almost no chance of you having any physical problem given your age and lack of family history but if you don't get a proper all clear you'll still worry.

Ask for dietary advice as this can have an impact. Cut out booze, fags and, of course drugs if you use any of them (including prescription meds). Stress and worrying can have a massive impact on memory so if there are issues that are worrying you make sure your doctor is aware.

Making your doctor take it seriously will be your biggest problem.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think mine is a medical problem, but I have a ridiculous short-term memory. Constantly forgetting things, let alone forgetting to put things in my diary and where I put my diary. My long-term memory is a bit of a burden. I still remember all my lines from school plays, happenings, events and so on. My friends always turn to me if they need a story from the past. I am crap with names, but never forget a face (or not that I know of).

I'm actually trying to improve my short term memory, but it is not easy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of the worst things about having short term memory loss is that sometimes you forget to finish your sente
Poor, very poor.
Apparently studies have shown smoking weed causes short term memory loss......

Next they will be saying that smoking weed causes short term memory loss.
I read today that smoking weed can affect your short term memory.

I had no idea it was that many.
Oh come on, you're better than this.

Unless I missed it already, I'm half expecting another thread with the same title to be posted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here