Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short sleeve shirts and ties

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's all very well having a go at those with the short sleeved combo going on but some of us have no choice.

I can't wear long sleeves OR a tie because it sends my body into meltdown, even in the depths of winter.

I need a fan on full blast ALL DAY in my office just to keep me from disintegrating my short sleeved shirt with SWEAT.

Personally however I see no justification for wearing a tie in any non-client-facing role in this day and age. It's just a symbol of capitalist oppression

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Only CHAVS leave buttons undone on shirts or polos.

I'd say onlt chavs do their top button up.

I liked it when people used to wear a smart shirt only done up on the top button and a t-shirt underneath Boyz'n'hood-style

That's just given me an idea; short-sleeved suits! Do you think they might catch on in warmer climes?

Yours for $47.67. Hugo Boss.

Wholesale jacket hugo boss, cheap jacket hugo boss

10061745572.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think most of has been covered here.

Short sleeved shirt with a tie - wrong
Long sleeved shirt with tie - right

Plus, the tie MUST be tied properly, in a nice triangular double windsor knot.

p29-image.gif

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When you work in a 25 degree office (in winter with radiators turned off) and the dress code is shirt and tie then there isn't much option unless you want to roast!

I work in one of those too - shirt-sleeved shirts are essential. Fortunately, we don't have to wear a tie. I had to put on a peckham for a funeral the other day and realised that I'd forgotten how to tie the damn thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rolled up sleeves also give a nice bit of "padding" for your elbows when you're leaning on your desk.
(not bent over, although I guess that depends on how quickly you want to climb the ladder).

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
If you do venture down the short/rolled-up sleeve shirt route on a hot summer's day, don't you just hate it when your forearms stick to the desk?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That sort of contradicts your short sleeve arguement though imo. I'm with WW here, if you work in an extremely hot enviroment then sometimes short sleeves are the only option.

Yep Im with you on that one...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Short sleeves and ties are well cool... If you like looking like a reject from 'The IT Crowd'

Rolled up and tie is fine, but NOT short sleeves!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Rolled up and tie is fine, but NOT short sleeves!

Correct answer, IMO.

Mind you, my forearms have to be covered up all the time anyway (I have to wear a shirt/tie for my job) but even if I could I wouldn't wear a short sleeved shirt.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
The short sleeve shirt/tie combo is a bit like wearing trainers with a suit :eek:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
the jit is ..wear what you feel comfortable in,. ie . if your 50 60 ish and wanna wear jeans with rips in then so what...forget what other people may think !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here