Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short goal kicks....

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I don't have a problem with them in fact it's better than punting it 60 yards with a 50-50 chance of wining the ball BUT please don't pass to El-Abd it will only end in tears.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I did find it a bit odd that the majority of the time they went to Adam, rather than Tommy, who in my opinion (and I imagine most) is much better with the ball at his feet.

I think Walsall also quickly realised Adam didn't really like it at his feet.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Will hopefully improve when Greer is back in. Elphick didn't look too comfortable on the ball in the first half either, improved in the second 45 though

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I did find it a bit odd that the majority of the time they went to Adam, rather than Tommy, who in my opinion (and I imagine most) is much better with the ball at his feet.

I think Walsall also quickly realised Adam didn't really like it at his feet.

Against a better team one of those incidents in the first half would have lead to a go. Scouts will probably be noting how awkward we looked when the goalkeeper passed the ball out

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I don't have a problem with them in fact it's better than punting it 60 yards with a 50-50 chance of wining the ball BUT please don't pass to El-Abd it will only end in tears.

I don't think it was necessarily El-Abd..

Wallsall had obviously been alerted to the fact we like to play it out of defence- they stifled our midfielders as options and had their forwards press our defenders and goalkeepers. Poyet realised this and in the second half Ankergren took long kicks.

Might I add, Ankergren kicked exceptionally well into the wind yesterday..

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I don't think it was necessarily El-Abd..

Wallsall had obviously been alerted to the fact we like to play it out of defence- they stifled our midfielders as options and had their forwards press our defenders and goalkeepers. Poyet realised this and in the second half Ankergren took long kicks.

Might I add, Ankergren kicked exceptionally well into the wind yesterday..

It's much more of an issue with El-Abd though because he's not confortable with the ball and it won't be long before he plays one of his world famour under hit back passes.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
I noticed yesterday that after the first few short goal kicks which got us into all sorts of mess, Charlie Oatway was desperately signalling from the bench for Ankergram to kick the ball long. Problem was he didn't really start doing that consistently until about half way through the first half.
Must say though that their keeper could not get his goal kicks right as the wind got up in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here