Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short Corners

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Why do we do this, really , it gets bloody a waste of a set peice . just get the ball in the box.

I know it sometimes works but not all the time.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Just getting the ball in the box sometimes works but not all the time.

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Not all the time I agree but when did we try and get the ball into the box from the corners last night i think onces

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought that they generally worked quite well last night. They appeared to draw the defenders out of position too.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
:fishing:Same old debate. Not gonna bother.

Long story Dicker comes short takes 2 defenders with him. More space in box for crofts murray etc to get free headers. ala crofts miss second half!:wanker:

EDIT. think I just did bother. ooops

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
f*** me. Is it groundhog day? I'm not buying it on principle. Etc.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
it seemed on TV like last night COl U only put ONE defender on the two at the corner flag. In normal circs, the oppo puts two defendfers on the two attackers taking the corner. This draws an extra defender out of the box and makes a deep corner more effective potentially.

faced with only one defender you would fancy our chances of taking it short and getting past him (although this didnt seem to happen last night, that is the "point" of the short corners)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I feel we have been here before

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
it seemed on TV like last night COl U only put ONE defender on the two at the corner flag. In normal circs, the oppo puts two defendfers on the two attackers taking the corner. This draws an extra defender out of the box and makes a deep corner more effective potentially.

faced with only one defender you would fancy our chances of taking it short and getting past him (although this didnt seem to happen last night, that is the "point" of the short corners)

Good point, well made.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Taking mostly short corners against a team of seven foot freaks seems like a sensible decision to me. We created two or three chances from corners, which is more than you can say for Hoofchester with their clear height advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here