Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You have completely missed the point, but while we are at it, what was our justification for going to war in Iraq and did you sympathise with it?

As far as acts of terrorism goes you should look up the King David Hotel bombing.

As you have mine. I know Iraq is a favourite topic of yours but would rather not rehash the many arguments on this thread if that's OK with you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Come on, how many more times have we got to read about your obsession about Blair and the war. We all know errors have been made and it has been recognised time and time again on here. And now you want to go even further back to the late 40s -when are you going to move on and recognise that extreme islam might just be to blame irrespective?

I'm not talking to you and what I am saying is relevant in the context of my conversation with JC Footy Genius, who brought up "Palestine to Iraq, Afghanistan etc"

I suggest that you don't butt in on a conversation and try to mute my point when someone moves it in that direction.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My own thoughts on this, are that France, as a country has a larger far right wing bias than us. Maybe, the National Front will be elected in 2017 on the back of a backlash against Moslem immigrants, as they are far more successful at the polls than our own far right parties, be it the BNP, NF, EDL, or a myriad of other minority parties.
Apart from the London bombings of 2005, our radical Islamist terrorist have not been as successful in this country, as the French terrorists have been in France, this maybe due to the fact that we have been fighting anti terrorist low level wars since 1945, be it in Palestine, Malaysia, Aden, Cyprus etcand, of course Northern Ireland, and we have had to become, probally the most successful nation at combating a serious terrorist threat in our own lands.
Anyway, my heart goes out to all the victims of terrorism, whether in France, or the Middle East.

Yes, you could well be right here, as we do hear of repeated terrorist threats being thwarted by the security services. Or it might be just luck? I really do not know but could it also be that in France the muslim community feel rather more threatened, or at least isolated, and this gives rise to extremism, if they feel they are second class citizens? Please don't misunderstand -I am not for one moment saying the French are at fault, any more than I would say we were for 7/7. Perhaps this is just what happens with uncontrolled immigration, when the host country simply cannot assimilate such numbers, with the result that poor housing and relatively high unemployment lead to resentment on the part of the immigrants, and consequent attempts to help them are greeted with equal resentment by the indigenous population, who perceive it as unfair. And then of course enter the fanatics, seeing their chance.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not talking to you and what I am saying is relevant in the context of my conversation with JC Footy Genius, who brought up "Palestine to Iraq, Afghanistan etc"

I suggest that you don't butt in on a conversation and try to mute my point when someone moves it in that direction.

I think you misunderstand what NSC is all about. It is a forum for everyone, not for you to indulge in private correspondence. I gather you can PM others if you do not wish your post to be commented on by others, which is a perfectly good system. Whilst you are right, in that you were talking to the other post, as ever you could not resist the temptation to bring in the usual tedious obsession of yours, which others have to see ad nauseam.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you misunderstand what NSC is all about. It is a forum for everyone, not for you to indulge in private correspondence. I gather you can PM others if you do not wish your post to be commented on by others, which is a perfectly good system. Whilst you are right, in that you were talking to the other post, as ever you could not resist the temptation to bring in the usual tedious obsession of yours, which others have to see ad nauseam.

P1ss off, it’s relevant whether you like it or not. JC Footy Genius brought up 7/7 and you cannot speak of that without the Iraq connection. I also have a strong view on Syria as well fyi. The US and Britain were naive and made a massive mistake by backing the Sunni rebels to topple Assad, and supplying them arms via Turkey and Saudi which have fallen into the hands of Al-Nusra and ISIS. Today's Sunni Syrian Rebels are tomorrow's ISIS. They are fluid and merge all the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes, you could well be right here, as we do hear of repeated terrorist threats being thwarted by the security services. Or it might be just luck? I really do not know but could it also be that in France the muslim community feel rather more threatened, or at least isolated, and this gives rise to extremism, if they feel they are second class citizens? Please don't misunderstand -I am not for one moment saying the French are at fault, any more than I would say we were for 7/7. Perhaps this is just what happens with uncontrolled immigration, when the host country simply cannot assimilate such numbers, with the result that poor housing and relatively high unemployment lead to resentment on the part of the immigrants, and consequent attempts to help them are greeted with equal resentment by the indigenous population, who perceive it as unfair. And then of course enter the fanatics, seeing their chance.

French Moslem immigrants are more likely to have come from North Africa, than the Middle East, and as we are seeing now, these countries are becoming more and more radicised, what with the Libyan situation, the Arab spring uprisings in Allgeria, and Tunisia.
With the terrible situation in Syria and Iraq, with the French Government joining in the bombing of ISIS, it has become a perfect storm for both the radical Islamists, and the oppurtunist right wing fearmongers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
P1ss off, it’s relevant whether you like it or not. JC Footy Genius brought up 7/7 and you cannot speak of that without the Iraq connection. I also have a strong view on Syria as well fyi. The US and Britain were naive and made a massive mistake by backing the Sunni rebels to topple Assad, and supplying them arms via Turkey and Saudi which have fallen into the hands of Al-Nusra and ISIS.

You just could not resist the final bit, could you, even though no one mentioned Syria. It just had to come out again, didn't it? Have you thought about joining ISIS -they like fanatics.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
China are responsible for just about every act of cyber terrorism which happens around the world.

Actually, that is not strictly speaking true. We have daily attacks on our systems as do all companies with large data centres.

The vast majority comes from Saudi Arabia, South Korea, North Korea, Venezuela , China and Iran. We use DDOS cleaning houses , red span etc and we gather statistics on source, China is on the list, but not the worst.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
French Moslem immigrants are more likely to have come from North Africa, than the Middle East, and as we are seeing now, these countries are becoming more and more radicised, what with the Libyan situation, the Arab spring uprisings in Allgeria, and Tunisia.
With the terrible situation in Syria and Iraq, with the French Government joining in the bombing of ISIS, it has become a perfect storm for both the radical Islamists, and the oppurtunist right wing fearmongers.

Yes, I fear that the future is bleak, and really do not see an improvement. The fanatical minorities on all sides will do everything they can to polarise opinions.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You just could not resist the final bit, could you, even though no one mentioned Syria. It just had to come out again, didn't it? Have you thought about joining ISIS -they like fanatics.

This is a thread that is related to ISIS and the terror going on today, or haven't you noticed ??? Seriously though, you argue like a child and I don't need you policing me just because you don't like what I am saying let alone being able to understand it.

Funny that you are happy to let lawros left foot talk about Syria but I'm not allowed to ???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They seem to claim every cause as justification from Palestine to Iraq, Afghanistan, Infidel troops near Mecca, Blasphemy, establishing a Caliphate. I have no sympathy for this view.

indeed,however IS seemed quite clear in their released statement .that this is all about the French current role in bombing IS in Iraq and more recently IS in Syria. No mention of Afghanistan or Blairs Iraq ........really have to go some to still keep linking those past events with whats currently happening especially considering The French are one of the most active in bombing these idiots in the region.

English translation,bunch of loons living in the past

In the name of Allah, the All Merciful, the Very Merciful.

The Very High All Said: “It is He who expelled the ones who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think they would leave, and they thought that their fortresses would protect them from Allah ; but [the decree of] Allah came upon them from where they had not expected, and He cast terror into their hearts [so] they destroyed their houses by their [own] hands and the hands of the believers.
So take warning, O people of vision.” Surah 59 verse 2.

In a blessed attack for which Allah facilitated the causes for success, a faithful group of the soldiers of the Caliphate – may Allah dignify it and make it victorious – launched out. It targetted the capital of prostitution and obscenity, the carrier of the banner of the Cross in Europe: Paris.

Youths who divorced the world and went to their enemy seeking to be killed in the cause of Allah, in support of His religion and His Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) and his charges, and to put the nose of His enemies in the ground. So they were honest with Allah, we consider them thusly, and Allah conquered through their hands and cast in the hearts of the Crusaders horror in the middle of their land, where eight brothers wrapped in explosive belts and armed with machine rifles, targeted sites that were accurately chosen in the heart of the capital of France. Including the Stade de France during the match between the Crusader German and French teams where the imbecile of France, Francois Hollande, was present.

[They also targeted] the Bataclan Conference Center, where hundreds of apostates had gathered in a profligate prostitution party, and other areas in the 10th and 11th and 18th [arrondissements] and in a coordinated fashion. So Paris shook under their feet, and its streets were tight upon them, and the result of the attacks was the death of no less than a hundred Crusaders and the wounding of more. Unto Allah, is all praise and gratitude.

Allah had granted our brothers their wish and gave them what they loved, for they detonated their belts in the gatherings of the disbelievers after running out of ammunition. We ask Allah to accept them among the martyrs and make us follow them.

Let France – and those who walk in its path – know that they will remain on the top of the list of targets of the Islamic State. The smell of death will never leave their noses as long as they lead the convoy of the Crusader campaign, and dare to curse our Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) and are proud of fighting Islam in France and striking the Muslims in the land of the Caliphate with their planes – which did not help them at all in the streets of Paris, and its rotten alleys. This attack is the first of the storm and a warning to those who wish to learn.

Allah is the greatest.

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/20...-islamic-state-statement-after-paris-attacks/

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just been announced on Sky the passport found on the body of one of the terrorists had passed through greek island of Lesbos in October. There you have it's all the proof you need.

One in nearly a million. It is nieve to believe that there are no idiots in the great long march out of the Middle East, you just have to see how many single young men are on it, however we cannot let that cloud our responsibilities , to help people fleeing civil war and the actions of The murderes
in Iraq/Syria.

People are talking about closing borders, but the consequence of that is the 10k people,who are on the other side of the channel intimidating Larry drivers and tourists alike. Especially now, I expect the French to try and clamp down on the camps at Calais..they certainly have a damn good excuse!

We must also remember that 7/7'was committed by " home grown " murderers! And it looks like a few of these French murderers are also home grown.

Personally I think there is no answer to this and it is one that we have to build the secret service and law enforcement officers to keep a lid on these home grown people. It is up to all society , to accept that with the growth of the murdering faction in Iraq/ Syria our civil liberties may have to be curtailed to try and prevent further attrocities.

It is well documented that the agencies have foiled many plots ....lets just hope our luck holds and this sort of thing in Paris is not regarded as the norm.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is a thread that is related to ISIS and the terror going on today, or haven't you noticed ??? Seriously though, you argue like a child and I don't need you policing me just because you don't like what I am saying let alone being able to understand it.

Funny that you are happy to let lawros left foot talk about Syria but I'm not allowed to ???

The difference is that llf writes without insults, jibes and makes his points in a way that reasonable debate ensues, instead of nonsense such as "I'm not allowed to".

Jan 30, 2008
One in nearly a million. It is nieve to believe that there are no idiots in the great long march out of the Middle East, you just have to see how many single young men are on it, however we cannot let that cloud our responsibilities , to help people fleeing civil war and the actions of The murderes
in Iraq/Syria.

People are talking about closing borders, but the consequence of that is the 10k people,who are on the other side of the channel intimidating Larry drivers and tourists alike. Especially now, I expect the French to try and clamp down on the camps at Calais..they certainly have a damn good excuse!

We must also remember that 7/7'was committed by " home grown " murderers! And it looks like a few of these French murderers are also home grown.

Personally I think there is no answer to this and it is one that we have to build the secret service and law enforcement officers to keep a lid on these home grown people. It is up to all society , to accept that with the growth of the murdering faction in Iraq/ Syria our civil liberties may have to be curtailed to try and prevent further attrocities.

It is well documented that the agencies have foiled many plots ....lets just hope our luck holds and this sort of thing in Paris is not regarded as the norm.

............ YOU ONLY NEED ONE ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here